Sign in to follow this  
AlbacoreTunaMan

Canadian Airports in MS Flight

I have landed at 13 different airports in Canada so far. All of them are close to the Alaska border. None of them have an improved runway, but are smooth enough to land with any plane. All of them have a wind sock, and some of them have the various towers and fuel tanks that are available in Flight. None of them added to my “unique airports” count, but they all added to my landings count. Beaver Creek also added to my aerocache count. I am going to submit more of these as Community Caches that will be a little more challenging just because they are harder to get to. Oh Canada?

We'll look forward to your submissions.

Thanks.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

The file structure for Flight mimics that of FSX. You can see how Alaska fits within the file format in the image attached. Since terrain needs to fill one of the boxes to it's boundaries, it's not surprising to see where an airport *could* be. Airport data, such as runway, taxiway, etc, is contained in a separate set of files and those do not need to contain all of the data for a numbered box. So that's why you would see terrain for an airport, but not the rest of the goodies.

First of all, Hello to everyone, my first post here.

Whitewater in Canada has even the town modelled with buildings, but Yukon

river however is missing.

The airfield is there without runway textures, there are controltower, beacon and

windsock though.

So worth to visit.

-eelis-

Thanks for the information, I will be sure to visit on your recommendation. :drinks:

Best regards.

Luis

AlbacoreTunaMan you mention fuel tanks at some of those Canadian fields. Are you able to fuel off of them?

Moe

AlbacoreTunaMan you mention fuel tanks at some of those Canadian fields. Are you able to fuel off of them?

Moe

Unfortunately no, I have tried refueling at several. So, if you create a flight plan that takes you to several Canadian airports, you have to include an Alaskan airport with fuel into your your flight plan.

-Tom