Sign in to follow this  
zmak

Biz jets Citation x vs Mustang vs ?

Im looking to buy a biz jet to compliment my Fs economy hanger.

So far i have looked at the above and both fit the bill.

The Mustang has the garmin 1000 but I dont have to much experience with it. The Mustang has more eye candy however a lower speed and range than the citation x

Any recommendations out there for either ? or is there something else out there that is more appealing?

ZORAN

Im looking to buy a biz jet to compliment my Fs economy hanger.

So far i have looked at the above and both fit the bill. One of the differences is the citation x has a FMS which I do like and would feel comfortable with after flying the pmdg's.

The Mustang has the garmin 1000 but I dont have to much experience with it. The Mustang has more eye candy however a lower speed and range than the citation x

Any recommendations out there for either ? or is there something else out there that is more appealing?

If speed doesn't matter, dollar for dollar, the RealAir Turbine Duke is a lot of fun. It can fly fast--as fast as a King Air if not a bit faster. And it climbs like a rocket. Last, it gets in and out of tight places.

If you're set on either the Mustang or C-X, it's a tough choice--both the Citation X and the Mustang are fine add-ons from great developers. You really can't go wrong with either. Eaglesoft's Website says the FADEC requires a registered FSUIPC, so if you don't have that it's an added expense, although worth it for what FSUIPC offers.

John

I already have both dukes! good deal at $40 for both and yes they are fun to fly. Maybe the citation x will be better for me as Cai mentions the mustang is a VLJ

are you sure about the FSUIPC? I know a lot of developers mention registered FSUIPC but turns out that wasn't the case. I will shoot them an email and confirm it.

ZORAN

Can't go wrong with either but we always suggest both :rolleyes:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I already have both dukes! good deal at $40 for both and yes they are fun to fly. Maybe the citation x will be better for me as Cai mentions the mustang is a VLJ

are you sure about the FSUIPC? I know a lot of developers mention registered FSUIPC but turns out that wasn't the case. I will shoot them an email and confirm it.

The FSUIPC bit was mentioned on Eaglesoft's website, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Gotta love Eaglesoft--my last purchase from them was the Columbia--not a bizjet but what a great aircraft!

John

Can't go wrong with either but we always suggest both :rolleyes:

lol. so does the x need a paid version of fsuipc?

ZORAN

I just checked again, and Yes, it does.

I got the Eaglesoft Citation X 750 Extreme V2.0, and it is a great plane.

Note: If you have other aircraft that use FADEC you might have to change a FSUIPC setting back and forth due to some issue with Axes.

Side note: FSUIPC is among the best things ever to happen for Flight Simulators, the paid version is well worth it.

Cheers.

I've got both. Different missions really. The C750 combined with navigraph gives you up-to-date procedures, also has VNAV. The Mustang uses Navigraph as well but doesn't include VNAV on the G1000. It does, however, do WAAS approaches RNAV (GPS) with LPV minimums.

Obviously the C750 smokes the C510 at altitude. Then again the C510 can get into short strips...

Decisions...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Only if your experience level requires a great FADEC Simulation. If you don't know or care about such things then FSUIPC isn't required. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

hmmm wil have to rethink again. Fsuipc makes it a near $100 add on , money that could be better spent elsewhere during the xmas sales.

maybe the SJ1 v20 is the go no Fsuipc reqd

edit

thanks n 400. that could be the way to go, could always purchase the FSUIpC later

ZORAN

Both are excellent purchases and both sold thru Flight 1 so you have the 30 day guarantee. I noticed you mention FS Economy. If you are purchasing to use in FSE, I have to recommend the Citation X as this aircraft will provide more seats, thus carry larger jobs, thus earn more money than the Mustang. I own both in FS Economy and my profits from the CX are very very good Money%20Eyes.gif

WAT1460.png

Both are excellent purchases and both sold thru Flight 1 so you have the 30 day guarantee. I noticed you mention FS Economy. If you are purchasing to use in FSE, I have to recommend the Citation X as this aircraft will provide more seats, thus carry larger jobs, thus earn more money than the Mustang. I own both in FS Economy and my profits from the CX are very very good Money%20Eyes.gif

Sold! x it is

ZORAN

The 'Stang doesn't have a cold and dark state, or, at least I can't get it to work correctly. The fuel shut off/supply/fuel pump wont turn on correctly, and I end up with CTRL e start. The CX has a very involved start up, and one of THE best "All buttons work" VC's I've ever seen (but you can have it hot and ready if you prefer). CX will require you to change a couple lines in the latest version of FSUIPC. I don't have it in front of me, but Google will pull it up. Very simple. Often, when I'm going west to east, I see 600+ kts ground speed. This chicken can flat out haul a$$. I have three Eaglesoft planes, and they are great.