Sign in to follow this  
SirStiggie

Cold and Dark start up, am I doing something wrong?

I got this plane this week as an early Christmas present to myself and I find the process to load it really annoying. To load it cold and dark I have to:

1. Load a default flight (C172)

2. Load the J41 tutorial flight

3. Move the J41 to the departure airport

Are these the correct steps or am I doing something wrong?

Chris,

no need for that.

FSX start, load J41, create flightplan or choose departure airport, fly now...

Why do you go via the C172?

Edit...

You are right, if you start like that the engines spool down and the aircraft is not cold&dark.

Better you store the cold&dark situation, put it onto your desktop, and start from now on FSX with the given J41 directly via a double click.

Edited by 19AB67

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

Chris,

no need for that.

FSX start, load J41, create flightplan or choose departure airport, fly now...

Why do you go via the C172?

Edit...

Better you store the cold&dark situation, put it onto your desktop, and start from now on FSX with the given J41 directly via a double click.

If I select the J41 right after loading FSX, weird things happen. I hear the engines starting up when the plane is spinning and once I load the flight, the right engine will not start. I'll try your suggestion about putting it on my desktop.

You're making it a little harder than it needs to be. This is no different than any complex add on should be loaded.

As long as the sim loads (to the sim's Fly Now screen) with one of the default planes, you're fine. The main point there, is don't make your default plane a complex add on.

So, start FSX. Once you see the default Cessna (or the default hang glider), you can do one of a couple things:

1 - select the departure airport, load, shut down the Cessna, and then load the J-41 (won't be a perfect C/D, but it's close enough for me)

2 - load the J41 C/D flight, then move to the departure airport

Kyle Rodgers

I'll try your suggestion about putting it on my desktop.

Yep, checked it and it is working fine on my machine.

Even the engine stop button cover lids are still open as I left them when I stored the situation...

Andreas Berg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

You're making it a little harder than it needs to be. This is no different than any complex add on should be loaded.

As long as the sim loads (to the sim's Fly Now screen) with one of the default planes, you're fine. The main point there, is don't make your default plane a complex add on.

So, start FSX. Once you see the default Cessna (or the default hang glider), you can do one of a couple things:

1 - select the departure airport, load, shut down the Cessna, and then load the J-41 (won't be a perfect C/D, but it's close enough for me)

2 - load the J41 C/D flight, then move to the departure airport

Loading the default Cessna then loading and moving the J41 is, essentially, what I do now. My question is, why do I need to go through all these hoops when the -NGX and MD-11 load so easily. Seems very un-PMDG...

My question is, why do I need to go through all these hoops when the -NGX and MD-11 load so easily.

If you start J41 C&D as described right from the desktop (or of course also from FSX with 'Load...'), it'll work nicely.

Anyway I like to start the simulation from where I stopped.

Andreas Berg

The NGX and MD-11 have savable panel states, while the J41 does not.

The reason why we should have had a service pack if only to have a proper panel state save, please?

There is a little programm in the web called JS41coldanddark.exe

It basically allows to shut off the Jetstream once it is loaded and bring it in a cold and dark state.

I tried all of this a hundred times but without success. :angry:

After landing and shutdown of a Maule and saving that flight I reload the flight and change it into a JS41 and save the flight again.

The next time I startup FSX, with the  saved JS41 flight selected, I find myself burning up the engines. The moment the cockpit screen opens, I hear both engines starting up and seconds later black smoke is coming from the engines.

What is going wrong here?????????????????????

I tried all of this a hundred times but without success. :angry:

After landing and shutdown of a Maule and saving that flight I reload the flight and change it into a JS41 and save the flight again.

The next time I startup FSX, with the  saved JS41 flight selected, I find myself burning up the engines. The moment the cockpit screen opens, I hear both engines starting up and seconds later black smoke is coming from the engines.

Finally, I managed to save a Cold and Dark JS41.

I deleted the fsx.cfg file, started FSX and entered the JS41 again from scratch.

Pfffffh :Cuppa:

Finally, I managed to save a Cold and Dark JS41.

I deleted the fsx.cfg file, started FSX and entered the JS41 again from scratch.

Pfffffh :Cuppa:

Found out that FSX is causing this problem.

Remove selection "Show opening screen" in Settings - General.

When starting FSX the next time you go right to the pilot seat of the JS41 (where you left and saved it).

You don't have the propellers on the start locks. I've written an FAQ that explains how to start the engines and takeoff without setting fire to them(!), it's available at:

http://viaintercity.com/forums/topic/1-faq-frequently-asked-questions-and-tips-for-bae-js4100/

Hope this helps

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I know, the engines were shutdown and startlocks engaged.

Then the aircraft was saved in this condition as default aircraft.

But after loading the JS41 again in the opening screen by clicking "fly now" both engines are starting up at the very moment the virtual cockpit screen opens. 

When I uncheck the box "show opening screen" (settings - general) then FSX is loading the JS41 without the opening screen and both engines are off and battery power is on.