Sign in to follow this  
aalawand

UUUGH FSPASSENGERS!

UGH i'm getting mad every time I try to use the program. Always every time I use it....BOOM.. FSX crashed

How do I solve this issue?

Try to reinstall.

If that doesn't help go to www.fspassengers.com and ask why your FSpassenger crashes and get told by forum moderator or other people to use search function and go through bunch of threads that may or may not help you.

I recommend FSCaptain, it's still in development and has real support unlike Fspassengers.

FsPassengers aint really worth the effort, its no longer in development, also give FsCaptain a look its much better and supported if you have any issues.

Just so you know, FSCaptain has a free trial version that's fully functional; and we always welcome new members to the growing FSCaptain community. There's amazing things coming down the pike. We are ramping up for a new beta soon.

http://www.fscaptain.net

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

FS Captain is probably the most underestimated and unnoticed FSX Addon currently.

It is for some parts a bit tricky to install, but e.g. for the NGX it works nearly out of the box!

And with every new version you get a ton of enhancements and perfekt support.

I highly recommend it!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree it's a great addon that is not perfect but I really enjoy it and it adds purpose to my flights! I just wish there were some program that could tell me the destination runways in use! Any chance of FSCAPTAIN doing that? I figure OPUS may be the most likely to do it first. Lots of people would like that feature! The support forums are active and very helpful too.

I just wish there were some program that could tell me the destination runways in use! Any chance of FSCAPTAIN doing that?

Yes, FsC could do it.

But also AivlaSoft EFB and TOPCAT!

But beside this it's relative simple: winds from 270 then e.g. 26 is in use.

The programs above don't do more as this simple guess.

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

Another vote for FSCaptain here. Has some really nice features comparable to and above what FSpassengers does.

Dean Farley

I tryed FSpassengers demo once and could'nt take to it at all. I've heard others show a dislike to it but yet it always seems to be a good seller. Bit odd.

Kind Regards

Simon.

From what i know, fspassangers is suported again, and it's in development - new version or something like that. But i highly recommend FSCaptain. I like it more. It would be nice if FSC team can simplify instalation, especially for complex addon aircrafts

From what i know, fspassangers is suported again, and it's in development - new version or something like that.

I don't think so, when I look at the forums they look just the same as they were some months ago, just some new regular type threads, no official announcements or anything.

I think FSCaptain will be the best until REX finishes their Simair, it looks really awesome with that multiplayer competition.

Another vote for FSCaptain here.

There are no updates in the pipeline for FSP as far as i know, Dan (the developer) does not interact with the forums at all anymore which is a shame, FSP was a great addon and, at least at first, well supported. Now it's like a ghost town, but the developer continues to charge for it, personally i find this rather dishonest, it should be made clear that there is no support or ongoing development.

Yeah the gauge installation in FSCaptain is a pain, particulary with other panel style addons like FS2Crew, my understanding is that the next release will not require a panel style add in but work externally to the sim via simconnect (FSX) or the registered version of FSUIPC. I could however be wrong.

Multiplayer / online interaction is of no consquence to me, so i'll be sticking with FSCaptain.

Ian R Tyldesley

Guest Raul_Hernandez

FsPassengers aint really worth the effort, its no longer in development, also give FsCaptain a look its much better and supported if you have any issues.

+1

Gave up with FSPassengers years ago, when the Dev lost all interest in helping people, and the product fell far behind the competition. (oh, and when the dev put "funny" audio content into the FSX version that was not in the FS9 version).

if you have windows 7:

For me the crash was solved by going FSX shortcut---> right click ---> properties --> compatibility ---> untick run this program in compatibility mode for windows 7.

Plus i dont really use the food /drink options during flight, i avoid clicking these. I mainly use FS passengers for announcements and post flight reports.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

The next release of FSCaptain could be called the "no tweaking" version -- it'll contain an ACARS that doesn't need to be installed as a gauge (run from your Windows desktop!) and support for all the interfaces to complex add-ons being built in.

Also NETCONFIG, automatic sharing of aircraft configurations from a central server.

This new version should be out for beta in a matter of a few weeks.

Down the road FSCaptain has plans for online operations -- but it will always be optional.

We're listening to all input from our current Captains and our future ones to make this add-on do what the community wants. I like the runway information being another dispatch request!

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.