Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

A Belated Thank You!

Hi guys n gals

A bit off topic but please bear with me and I'll get to the point (finally)...

Those who know me, also know, that over the last 8-10 years I've had a few very close calls with that 'last & final flight' :unsure: Bizarrely, two of these occasions were at, or just before, major PMDG releases!! At one of which I was privileged to be asked to be amongst the beta testers of the MD11 before final release, and I've have loved nothing more. Sadly, the nearest I got, was reading the manuals from my hospital bed.

Then came the weeks leading up to the great NGX release. Low and behold, God once again had a laugh at my expense and put me back in that ghastly place. However, once again PMDG came through on their white charger with a pre release of the manuals. Right, I thought, if I can't fly the thing, I can at least study it :rolleyes: The surgeon of course, had other ideas, insisting on complete bed rest. Thankfully though, the night Sister had better sense, AND had a son interested in flight sims, so I was secretly resupplied with my NGX manuals during the long dark hours of the night :P

I'm no 'a really excited user' (whatever that is) of anyone, but I just have to say that the quality (and quantity) of those manuals were such that I was able to completely immerse myself and, even if only temporarily, I mentally escaped from where my mind was at.

Yeh, yeh, I know this all sounds a bit odd and pointless for a flightsim forum, but I just found myself 'TRYING' to read through the poor translation and numerous other mistakes in the manual for another addon I recently purchased, so found myself feeling especially grateful to the WHOLE PMDG team for going that extra mile, as always, with the fine detail.

For one who's ex working life was, shall we say, extreme, to now being sat on my backside at my sim all day on most days, then things need to be better than just 'good' to keep my mind satisfied. From my days in FS9 with their first NG, PMDG have continued to do just that for me.

Quite right - I suppose I could've simply just said thank you PMDG at the start, but you know us Brits eh...? why use 3 words when I could use 103?! :lol:

Thank you all at PMDG for continuing to both raise the bar, AND keep me happily occupied.

It is so good to hear you're on the mend!

We're all rooting for you bud!

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

We're all routing for you bud!

Oh ahh then , were you goin? or if your routing for him, where he going? :lol: *rooting* :wink:

******************************************************************************************************

I remember reading your posts, Phil, so, glad to see you came out the other side :Hug: :Peace:

Oh ahh then , were you goin? or if your routing for him, where he going? :lol: *rooting* :wink:

******************************************************************************************************

I remember reading your posts, Phil, so, glad to see you came out the other side :Hug: :Peace:

corrected, cheers ;)

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Quite right - I suppose I could've simply just said thank you PMDG at the start, but you know us Brits eh...? why use 3 words when I could use 103?! :lol:

I thought I was the only one :P :lol:

Phil-

Thanks for the kind words- and I'm glad to know you managed to survive both releases!

Now... I think we need to break this little trend of yours...

So please- be careful over the next few weeks and months, will you? I'd like to see you around on release day for the 777- and not in a hopsital bed or worse!

(Now the other option here is that we can simply not release the 777- which would obviously solve the problem of our releases triggering your near death experiences. But i think then some of the users of this forum might kill us both- which would defeat the purpose of the exercise, wouldn't it?)

Merry Christmas-

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Phil-

Thanks for the kind words- and I'm glad to know you managed to survive both releases!

Now... I think we need to break this little trend of yours...

So please- be careful over the next few weeks and months, will you? I'd like to see you around on release day for the 777- and not in a hopsital bed or worse!

(Now the other option here is that we can simply not release the 777- which would obviously solve the problem of our releases triggering your near death experiences. But i think then some of the users of this forum might kill us both- which would defeat the purpose of the exercise, wouldn't it?)

Merry Christmas-

Don't release the 777, Dougal's health is much more important guys :ph34r:

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Don't release the 777, Dougal's health is much more important guys :ph34r:

Morbid humor Jamaljé! :wink:

As Robert said, stay safe Dougal! I'm sure both of us would like to be around for the 777! :friends: