Sign in to follow this  
Anthony25368

Long flights causing ctd

I was wanting to pick your brains here. I have a i7 2600k with 8bg ram, gtx580 and for some reason when I fly a long flight my sim crashes. I noticed my resource monitor is showing all three cores maxed out. I have great performance when it is running, but for some reason the longer it runs fsx will just freeze. I have no idea. One more thing I can restart fsx and it runs fine as long as I don't try a long flight say more than four hours.

Thanks For the help,

Anthony

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

Most like you have high fsx/display driver settings and your system is overheating.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for the reply Jim, is there a way to tell how hot things are getting and if so what is the normal range for the important ones.

Thanks for your help

Anthony

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

I use a freeware program called HW Monitor - http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html - that monitors all critical components showing a max/min readings. They say 80C/176F degrees is about the max for both Intel and AMD CPU's. Anything higher and you probably have a serious problem.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim I downloaded that program, and it is showing overheating on my i7. Is there anything I can do to stop this? Thanks for all the help on this problem I really appreciate it.

Anthony

Anthony

Hi Jim I downloaded that program, and it is showing overheating on my i7. Is there anything I can do to stop this? Thanks for all the help on this problem I really appreciate it.

Anthony

What temps is it showing (in Celcius)?

It was about 75-79 C when running fsx. It stays about 35-40c when running just windows. I might have to get some better cooling for it , if you have any idea just let me know.

Thanks \

Anthony

Anthony

FSX is more CPU intensive. In the past, like with FS9 and earlier, it was the GPU that was the most dominant. I know nothing about your system. Is it overclocked? If so, you'll have to lower the oc. You are running on the edge of overheating. More fans, more cooling apparatus will help. If you have your FSX settings set with all the sliders to the right, then you'll have to reduce them. Check down in the Hardware Forum where issues like this is discussed. Even ask about how to cool your system. This is where the computer experts reside and there are many posts regarding system cooling.

As an assistance to others who might want to help you with your problem(s), you should set up My PC in your profile. If you look at mine, you'll see I have posted most of my system components and the fact I run Windows 7, 64 bit. You can also set up a profile for all of your flight simulator addons, etc.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

It was about 75-79 C when running fsx. It stays about 35-40c when running just windows.

The first thing to do is check your CPU fan for dust. I recently cleaned out a very small amount of dust from the fan and got about 5 degree C reduction under load.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Maybe it's time to invest in some Liquid Cooling ?

steampunkcasemod222.jpg