Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Windh

Making taxi/landing lights visible from my custom 2D panel?

Hi,

I made myself a little extra landing panel for the iFly B737NG. This was something I missed and had great use of in the PMDG for better performance when landing in CPU heavy airports..

I took a screendump from the VC, painted the outside black and added the following to the panel.cfg:

....window18=CAPT LOWER DU POPUP

window19=FO UPPER DU POPUP

window20=FO LOWER DU POPUP

Window21=Mini Panel

Fixed Window39=DOWN

[VIEWS]

VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL

VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=3.0, 0.0, 0.0

VIEW_DOWN_WINDOWS=39

VIEW_DOWN_ZOOM=1.00

VIEW_DOWN_EYE=0.000, 0.000, 0.000

VIEW_DOWN_DIR=7.0, 0.0, 0.0....

...gauge00=iFly737-HUD-Wide!HUD_background, 0, 0,1680,1225

gauge01=iFly737-800!HUD, 200, 0,100,133

[Fixed Window39]

file=LandingPanel.bmp

position=7

visible=0

ident=39

render_3d_window=1

window_size= 1.000, 1.000

window_pos= 0.000, 0.000...

This resulted in my 2D landing panel being present whenever pressing the "5" NUMPAD (looking "DOWN" in the 2D panel). I then assigned this to a pushbutton on my yoke. Pretty neat. Looks like this:

fs92011-11-1113-10-28-84-1.jpg

I later made the same tweak after installing the FP (Feature Pack update).

The only problem is that I´ve never had any taxi or landing lights visible in this view. (I have them visible in VC).

When checking out the HUD-panel view (which is a 2D view), I realised that from THIS view, the lights are visible!

So my question is.. What can I do in order to make the lights visible from my tweaked 2D panel?

Any help appreciated,

Kind Regards,

Johan

PS

Oh and yes, I´ve tried to take this in the iFly´s own support forum, but I´ve had no answers..

Try making it a VIEW_FORWARD_UP_WINDOWS instead of VIEW_DOWN_WINDOWS

Hi, thanx for the tip, however it didn´t seem to fix it.

(I tried by just changing VIEW_DOWN_WINDOWS=39 to "FORWARD_UP", tested, and also the "Fixed Window39" to FORWARD UP.

In both cases it just made my custom panel disappear and still no light visible, with the panel not present.

It works for me....

Specify the size of file=LandingPanel.bmp

ie : size_mm==

Sorry this is beyond my skills. Could you please specify? I think it would be best if you could be kind and just paste all relevant changes from the. Cfg.

Thanks

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The FS2004 (FS9) Forum" to "MSFS Aircraft and Panel Design Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.

Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Hello Capt Windh, while I purchased the IFLY 737 ages ago I have not flown her yet.

It would appear the side views are from the VC ....no probs but you may have to adjust the eye point for the forward up view for your landing view so you are not looking at a part of the VC.

Fixed Window37=FORWARD_UP

VIEW_FORWARD_UP_WINDOWS=37

VIEW_FORWARD_UP_ZOOM=0.800

VIEW_FORWARD_UP_DIR=5.000, 0.000, 0.000

[Fixed Window37]

file=ppov.bmp

size_mm=1600,1200

position=7

visible=0

ident=37

render_3d_window=1

nomenu=1

window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

Hello Capt Windh, while I purchased the IFLY 737 ages ago I have not flown her yet.

It would appear the side views are from the VC ....no probs but you may have to adjust the eye point for the forward up view for your landing view so you are not looking at a part of the VC.

Fixed Window37=FORWARD_UP

VIEW_FORWARD_UP_WINDOWS=37

VIEW_FORWARD_UP_ZOOM=0.800

VIEW_FORWARD_UP_DIR=5.000, 0.000, 0.000

[Fixed Window37]

file=ppov.bmp

size_mm=1600,1200

position=7

visible=0

ident=37

render_3d_window=1

nomenu=1

window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

Ok, I´ll have a look at it! Thanx edetroit!

THAT FIXED IT!!!!

Now my custom view is reached by pressing NUM5+NUM8 (or as I assigned the FORWARD_UP view on my CH-yoke.. when ever I depress the button I get my custom view)

WITH all lights visible!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, You are a Steely-Eyed Missile Man!

Have a great Holiday!

(And go try the iFly, it flies extremely well with the latest FP-update)

Once again, THANX!