Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

22DEC12 - Development Cycle Updates!

Thanks a lot Robert, I hope this will finally stop some rumours. It won't be before Christmas or New Year. Just wait a few months, until maybe April (and no later than August), then it will be here with us. Within roughly a year, we'll probably have 3 new PMDG airplanes to enjoy. How awesome is that? :Big Grin:

and stay tuned in here during the week, as I'll have more 777 details to describe for you. This will be a working holiday for some of us at PMDG, after all! B)

Are you serious? Go home to your family and enjoy these days! There are other important things in life besides work. If this plane arrives a week sooner or later doesn't matter ;-)

Merry Christmas Robert and PMDG staff!!!! And thanks very much for the update. I can't wait to put this plane through it's paces.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

After two months of silence, Cpt. Rob speaks.. That was a nice birthday surprise!.. And after the Mayan prophecy being scrapped I am really looking forward to the 2013. I wish it's much better year for all...

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Hello Robert :smile:

Merry Christmas you and your family and your whole team and all of you a happy new year !

These are all nice stuff !

Can't wait for the 777 and 747 in 2013. Enjoy the holidays!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Luke-

One quick question for yourself - could you give a status for the 300ER possibly? I know the LR is yet to be complete, but with the two being practically identical (visually anyway) thought it be nice to hear if she's being designed yet or whether that will take place after the LR is release ready?

The 300ER model is already finished, but there are some system differences and (obviously) flight model construction and alteration of the Fly-By-Wire system to match the bigger airplane... It is currently planned that the 300 package will be released shortly after the 200LR base package goes out the door. If the release goes smoothly, I think the 300 package will be about 30-45 days behind the 200LR...

We are still working through how we will deliver all of the 200/300 models and in what kind of timeframe- none of that is set in stone just yet.

Adam-

Can you comment at all on a possible SP2 for the NGX? It's been mentioned that some of the 777 features will be back fitted in the NGX, as well as correcting a few tiny niggles still outstanding. Hopefully this is still on the cards too right?

Yes! The NGX code base has taken about 50 or so updates of various kinds during the 777 development. Many of them have been related to little issues we corrected in the SDK, some behaviors we discovered needed adjusting, and that sort of thing.

In fact- I just updated the NGX to eliminate that little animation "jump" that some users see on the external model when deploying flaps from 10-15 or wherever it was... (I forget already. LOL) I was never able to duplicate these reports, but it was present in the 777 so I was able to find and eliminate the cause on both platforms...

I anticipate the NGX SP2 will get pushed out a few weeks after the 777. Generally we like to sweep up any problems reported with the initial release and fix them with an update shortly after the initial release- so in the case of the 777 that is also when we'd issue the NGX SP2...

If the 777 release is smooth (which we anticipate, since this code base is pretty mature now) then these timelines will shrink a bit.

Arjen-

Within roughly a year, we'll probably have 3 new PMDG airplanes to enjoy. How awesome is that? :Big Grin:

Yeah- I nearly wrote that- because that is the way the plan currently shakes out... But I decided not to put a hex on things... All the same- it is a pretty cool thought.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Rob,

One quick question for yourself - could you give a status for the 300ER possibly? I know the LR is yet to be complete, but with the two being practically identical (visually anyway) thought it be nice to hear if she's being designed yet or whether that will take place after the LR is release ready?

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a bare bones -200 and -200ER variant.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

quoted post content removed by moderator: trolling...

-Gil Arnett

:rolleyes:

tell us how you really feel

quoted content removed: trolling

-Gil Arnett

Random dudes opinion on flight dynamics or team full of real world type rated pilots? Develop an add on since you're obviously an expert of unrivaled ability.

quoted content removed: trolling

-Gil Arnett

You should stick to flying the real thing then. Less flaws. :wacko:

Richie Walsh

And again the "Steve Jobs" of airliner simulation has spoken. The explanation is as long as always and leaves you hungrier as before. And he did it even without showing one little screenshots. Now that is what I call minimalism.

Great news! Thanks for the update Robert. I eagerly await the release of all the products you've mentioned, being an owner of everything you make save for the JS4100 (still to come, gotta catch up on the rest first!) One suggestion if I may, if it is at all feasible to add the shared cockpit functionality to any existing plane or to any future planes in development I would be forever grateful as I have a friend who is a fellow aviation enthusiast and enjoys your planes immensely as well, would be the experience of a lifetime to be able to fly PMDG planes together as pilot and co-pilot.

Merry Christmas!

Gil you must be the Mayan that predicted the end... Awe, it's ok to be wrong. LOL... Now on a more serious side. Gil this is a simulator that only allows so much. Which sounds like you are man of expirence. I am sure if PMDG wanted to make this a real world trainer they could of tacked on another 3 years of development and tried to re-write FSX code. PMDG is one of the best add-on companies for FSX. Giving us the ability to see and feel what it is like to seat in the Left seat.

I challenge you to take on PMDG and creat your own company and produce these better aircraft.

The only thing PMDG has left out for most of us is the smell of Jet-A, which I am very fond of. We all know PMDG try's to do their best and bring us a product that is as close to " As Real as it Gets". So Gil sit back, enjoy your family and friends during the holidays. If you think the default 738 is for you, then hop in her and fire her up and enjoy. I will be flying the NGX.

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.