Sign in to follow this  
Jd_jay

UT2, Traffic 360 or Mytraffic 2013

Was just wondering what people's opinions were on which is now the best AI package now the newer titles have been out for a bit, I have had UT2 since it was released. I still find myself wondering whether its a poor package or not.

The list of un painted aircraft is huge, I've had to add WOAI aswell just so I can have some cargo aircraft filling the appropriate spots. I'm sure this isn't helping my FSX performance.

Is it time for a change?

Jason Dilley

I switched to mytraffic x from ut2 last week...just to try it.

More aircraft available at a time, less missing paints, models not as pretty, planes don't follow flightplans as well.

I wasn't sure from reading the forums which was better. I'm still not 100% sure, but I'm sticking with mytraffic x for now.

Oh, and as a long time ut user - hey, there's military traffic now!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I tried them all and decided to stick with Traffic X. It's easy on loading, great performance, and only 4gig of HD space. All I had to do is get rid of the Merican ivery and now I'm a happy customer. I even added the additional civilian and military AI and performance is still great.

When I compare it to MyTraffic X Pro 5.4, it takes up 12gigs, slows down loading, models don't look that good, and performance was unacceptable at 25%. For me, it was a waste of money.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

12gigs? I've got about 2TB of fsx data, so I can live with that.

From what I understand, 30% in my traffic x is the same as the real world levels. I've been flying at 60% without any problems.

I agree the models aren't perfect - UT2 wins there from the 2 progs i've tried.

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Having had severe performance problems with UT2 on my old machine (Got something like 1.2 tow 3 FPS at LOWW if I remember correctly), I switched over to MyTraffic 5.4, and I reinstalled it after moving on to a newer rig. It performs very good at 30 - 40% settings.

Another great advantage of MyTraffic is, that it does not only offer airline traffic, but also GA and military traffic including helicopters(which behave like STOL aircraft on take-off and landing, though), and it adds an enormous amount of different aircraft and airlines. HTere's even the possibility to switch back to historial fligth plans and have lots of 707s, 727s and some Concordes flying around!

I have to agree that most of the models don't look that great, but then again I couldn't actually care less, because when I'm moving on the ground I have to be aware of other traffic, thus I don't look at the other aircraft that closely, and in the air I always hope that ATC keeps me in a safe distance from other traffic! I only want some more or less realisticly crowded airports, and I don't want to have the feeling of being alone up in the sky.

There are also those who say that MyTraffic flight plans are unrealistic, but as I don't check any realworld flightplans I can't complain about that.

Best regards,

Flo

Agree with everything there - except the last sentence.

My early impression is that the mytraffic x flights don't follow the airways as well as ut2 - as you said. I do care about this, as I always fly real or real-ish (fsbuild) flight plans and did like the feeling i got with ut2 of being on a 'road in the sky'.

Overall, for now my pick is mytraffic x. I do like the fact it is constantly being updated.

And agree model quality is not that important - I only see them in flight from a mile or so away (so a flashing light at nigh, and a blip on th ND during the day). The important things are 1. there is that feeling of flying in a busy sky because the traffic is all there and 2. The airports seem alive, with takeoff and landings and pushbacks from shortly after I load my sim.

Oz

interesting replies. to be honest it is that you just have to pick a direction and go for it. I have to say, that alot of the models in UT2 arnt very good either. UT2 have picked them up from all kinds of AI models makers and some of the are absoloutly terrible to look at, i have to say some of the worst i have seen, are actually listed as manufactured by UT2 themselves.

Jason Dilley

Having used UT2 for the past couple of years I do have to say there are some downsides. Poor quality models, missing liveries, no UPS, FedEx, DHL, military, or helicopter traffic. Much of this can be fixed if you want to invest time in downloads, making repaints and importing all this plus schedules into UT2. The upside to UT2 is that it is easy to customize settings and airlines follow routes, not just direct lines.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I see a lot of references to "following routes". Unless you are following that particular aircraft all the way to its destination, why is this a selling point? No disrespect intended at all, but it honestly has me curious how one would even know if a plane is flying direct or flying airways to its destination.

- Aaron

I'll always be flying on an airway.

With ut2, there seemed to be other planes on the same airway, at different flight levels.

In my traffic x, they seem to be crisscrossing around a lot more randomly.

Ut2 seemed more real. Overall, i'm happy with my traffic x right now. I read these threads forever and couldn't come to a conclusion - so recently gave in and just bought in to my traffic x. As much as anything i'm interested in seeing where Burkhard can take it, whereas ut2 hasn't progressed for ages apart from the schedules.

Oz

Hmm, well, I still don't really see that as a selling point, but can understand why some might. I'm in the same boat trying to weigh the benefits of each program and having a hell of a time knowing which route to go. I would like reasonable looking models, but they don't have to be superior. I want good worldwide coverage and a decent sampling of liveries for a reasonable performance impact. My Traffic X, Traffic 360, My Traffic 2013.... I'm kind of at a loss.

- Aaron

Interesting thread, could I bump in a question? I am looking for a traffic package to use to depict traffic while flying online. I do not wish to use AI, so wich package will give me the best do you think?

Thanks,

Morten

23.png

My Traffic X !

Even with 100% traffic at PARIS CDG i don't loose any frame rates ! best fps friendly and massive traffic !

I do see importance in having AI commercial traffic following routes. When AI commercial traffic follows a route it means they are using specified airways, not just crisscrossing the sky in a straight line. If you are flying along in a bizjet or King Air as a general aviation flyer, do you really want to have to worry about a 737 flying through you? I like the commercial traffic to stick to the airways, I'll fly outside of the airways. That's my spin.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.