Sign in to follow this  
Jd_jay

UT2, Traffic 360 or Mytraffic 2013

Merry Cristmas All!

Just purchased Traffic 360.

Was a UT2 user always, but grew tired of the sometimes jerky planes and sunken tires, poor models etc... Fps wasn't great and many times there were no planes at arrival (usually Muni) airports.

T360 has great models and graphics! But I find some aircraft half inside the terminal-lol!

Especially at addon airpts.

I use Voxatc for talking with atc, so still confused as to which sliders to set (Vox and/or FSX Traffic as used by T360- or both).

FPS seems much better than UT2!

Nice simple GUI to customise schedules, airports, gates, schemes, all as mentioned in others above, and more!

T360 has sound sets, but not yet recognized by Audio Environment (requires an update they're apparently working on).

I think overall-once T360 gets more input and updates, it may just be the finest AI traffic program to-date!

Flying a 2 Seat Static GA Simulator out of CYYZ.

I bought UT2 for the newer FSX variants of the AIA, TFS, and DJC models but otherwise use the free plans and models available from various sources including AIG, UTT, MAIW etc. I wouldn't go payware AI now unless there was something really groundbreaking.

The freeware models look so much better than the payware offerings and I know that my plans are up to date and the repaints as well are made with care by fellow AI addicts that strive to be as close to perfect as possible. Sure it takes time out of my day to keep them updated but for me that's part of it.

I don't just want my skies populated, I want my airports and traffic to look good when I come and go.

Simply put, there's just no WOW factor in Traffic 360 or MyTraffic X.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

If saving the users countless hours keeping their traffic package updated every 6 months (i.e. MyTrafficX 5.4b Professional) isn't a wow factor then I don't know what is. UT2 and Traffic do not update their products every 6 months, not for free anyway. MTX also offers 12-18 months worth of updates after a new major version release for free i.e. the "a" and "b" update, and that includes a lot more than just a schedule update (which UT2 charge for) that's another wow for me. Even major version upgrade fees are only in the region of 12 to 15 Euros, that's way cheaper than the others, another wow.

And best of all you will never beat the support service you get from the developer Burkhard Renk, he usually answers you within a maximum of 12 hours even at weekends.

Cheers, Andy.

I use UT2 and I must say I'm very happy with it after some considerable amount of time and effort put in downloading paints, importing schedules and tweaking. The models are good for the larger airliners but the props and RJ's were just hideous. So I replaced them all with the free offerings from Malcontent and others. Two years later and a deployment to Afghanistan in between I'm almost complete with the entire globe and my airports are loaded with traffic. I once spent 30 minutes waiting at KATL for takeoff clearance lol. Just a tip , you can substitute a UT2 schedule with your own using the powerpack and I find this more to my liking cause you wont have planes pop up at a gate 20 minutes prior to departure or vanishing after parking but you will take a FPS hit. Haven't tried other traffic programs so I cant comment on those.

Merry Cristmas All!

Just purchased Traffic 360.

Was a UT2 user always, but grew tired of the sometimes jerky planes and sunken tires, poor models etc... Fps wasn't great and many times there were no planes at arrival (usually Muni) airports.

T360 has great models and graphics! But I find some aircraft half inside the terminal-lol!

Especially at addon airpts.

I use Voxatc for talking with atc, so still confused as to which sliders to set (Vox and/or FSX Traffic as used by T360- or both).

FPS seems much better than UT2!

Nice simple GUI to customise schedules, airports, gates, schemes, all as mentioned in others above, and more!

T360 has sound sets, but not yet recognized by Audio Environment (requires an update they're apparently working on).

I think overall-once T360 gets more input and updates, it may just be the finest AI traffic program to-date!

Interesting you say all that. So far T360 has sucked for me and disappointing Its my understanding its a traffic X upgrade. So I thought it would be worth it. The sound is absolutely pathetic. Sounds like a hair dryer turning on and off or a big factory machine. Then it suddenly turns off rather than fading in the distance as what an airport should sound like.

Im at major airports and every single gate is occupied, with no where to park with a traffic setting of only 60%. More bizarre even though its full, I rarely see landings or takeoff. They are sparse. KJFK, KORD, KLAX. no line ups to take off whatsoever. If anyone has suggestions what might be wrong, please let me know. But this is very unrealistic. And the 200+ AI aircraft added to the aircraft selection menu is also annoying. Its flooded what is real or not. Doesnt seem to be a way of removing them.

Only plus is that its barely impacted FPS but thats because barely anything is moving. And support was useless. Offered no help other than its noted to the developer.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I know, the audio sucks big time! Shame on them. Its 2012 already!

Im trying to remove the sound files-any help?

My traffic is moving (taxiing, lineup and takeoffs).

I have sliders around 25% Comm and 35% GA.

Again, they need alot of bug fixes and updates real soon or they'll lose their market share!

T360 has great potential.

I use UT2 right now...I like having the AI on actual routes, and with FS Contrails running it's much more realistic to see traffic tracking ahead of you on the same jet route or crossing tracks at a navaid or airway fix than just random trails criss-crossing the sky. It's also very useful to be able to kill other acft on/near the approach path for those days when you're stuck on the ground with an endless stream of AI arrivals or when Radar Contact and the AI engine can't agree on which runway to use and you find yourself nose-to-nose with opposing traffic.

But that said, UT2's development seems to have ground to a halt a long time ago, and as a result the product feels more each day like legacy abandonware. That may get me to re-think this at some point in the future.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

If saving the users countless hours keeping their traffic package updated every 6 months (i.e. MyTrafficX 5.4b Professional) isn't a wow factor then I don't know what is.

Are the updates actual replica's of current schedules or sort of semi based on them?

The WOW factor I refer to is in game and the only WOW factor I see in MyTaffic or Traffic360 is "wow, they want me to pay for this?". People I know who own payware AI programs see my AI setup and literally say "WOW, that's amazing. I never knew it could look like that".

AIG and other freeware dev's offer free repaints, plans etc on a regular basis as well. So it takes me a couple hours to install new plans every few months, it's well worth a bit of effort.

To me, it's very similar to paying for the quality of the default FSX airports when you can have FlyTampa/FSDT quality for free.

The schedules are more accurate and numerous than UT2 for example, over 800,000 flights per day or something like that.

Cheers, Andy.

I see two different opinions. One goes for the less quality models and does not mind if the AI flies realistic routes, and don't want to invest time adding repaints to the models. So then you pick MTX. For me I do find it a lot of fun adding the latest liveries and update the latest flightplans, and when I'm at a crowded airport such as KJFK, I do find it important to have nice looking models. As realistic as possible is my opinion. So I stick with UTII.

========================

HAPPY FLYING

Raymond

The schedules are more accurate and numerous than UT2 for example, over 800,000 flights per day or something like that.

I'm not referring to or supporting UT2, I bought it for the models and use ONLY a select few of those models in my setup, but not UT2 itself.

By realistic plans I mean having an accurate amount of each livery and aircraft type (accurate engine type here is big for me, but not rendered in ANY of the payware programs). I refer to realistic as accurate, not simply filling airports.

T360 has nice contrails. I just saw two pass at high altitude airway, one under the other in opposite directions. Very cool!

I like the optional airport equip like driving the marshalling van (very smooth drive) and driving the pushback truck. Also control towers are cool (i wont use them buut looks like fun).

Spotty the airplane spotter guy is handy and fun too!

Im flyin Flagstaff to Vegas now and lots of enroute traffic.

Not overwhelmed and unrealistc sky as in UT2.

T360 keeps getting better as i use it and tweek it!

T360 keeps getting better as i use it and tweek it!

Not sure where you got your version from. This was a waste of money unless they patch this up.

Having completely full gates no matter what airport, very little apron movement, traffic and landing, no matter what your AI slider is at, planes leaving with the doors and stairs open, aircraft double landing hardly apart, aircraft stuck on runway, and atrocious sound files that abruptly stop and sound like a hair dryer is hardly a statement for getting better.

What tweaks are you using? Is there a patch I dont know about? Certainly not in their forums and everyone is having same problem as me according to the T360 forum at just flight. My opinion for anybody considering this is to stay away unless they do a serious patchup. Clearly there was hardly any beta testing done.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Not sure where you got your version from. This was a waste of money unless they patch this up.

Having completely full gates no matter what airport, very little apron movement, traffic and landing, no matter what your AI slider is at, planes leaving with the doors and stairs open, aircraft double landing hardly apart, aircraft stuck on runway, and atrocious sound files that abruptly stop and sound like a hair dryer is hardly a statement for getting better.

What tweaks are you using? Is there a patch I dont know about? Certainly not in their forums and everyone is having same problem as me according to the T360 forum at just flight. My opinion for anybody considering this is to stay away unless they do a serious patchup. Clearly there was hardly any beta testing done.

THanks for the insight .... have you used any of the others (UT, MyTraffic)?

These were some of the same probs I also had with UT2 as well!

Same unstable platform but better graphics imho! They WILL indeed have fixes, patches and updates...no develpoer releases original 1.0 and thats it...im certain patience will pay off here.

(with that said, i may reinstall UT2 until that time)-lol!