Sign in to follow this  
Guest mole_man99

Shard skyscraper for London Scenery

Guest mole_man99

The Shard, a towering reflective glass finger, is a very obvious addition to the London skyline since the London scenery by visualflight was created.

We have made a simple model of the building for use in FS9. It is uploaded to the library, but I am not sure how long approval takes with the Christmas break, so there is a direct link below if you want to download and try now.

If you do have the visualflight London scenery, then there is a 2 second pause as you enter the London area. You may think it is the Shard causing it as it is the first building to pop up after the pause, but it is the visualflight scenery. If you get the pause, you can try entering with and without the Shard model activated, but for me it is definitely the visualflight scenery that causes the pause.

Now you can enjoy those steep descents to EGLC or straight in to EGLL with the Shard in the distance.

shardscene5.jpg

shardscene1.jpg

shardscene2.jpg

File download here

• Upvote 1

Thought I would try this ,but I don't have visual flight scenery ,I only have default plus FSGlobal .

Shard displays OK ,but on a sightseeing tour I found it to be positioned in the middle of the Thames.

If this Shard not meant for the default and only VF then no problem ,I am just fiddling about on a grotty, boring, grey and cheerless Christmas eve.

HO HO!

aNDY :Cuppa:

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Great work! im%20Not%20Worthy.gif now take a break and enjoy a :Hug: Merry Christmas! :drinks:

I am just fiddling about on a grotty, boring, grey and cheerless Christmas eve.

Sorry to hear that Andy.

At Ballina, northern coastal NSW, Australia, it is blue skies as far as you can see, 30 degrees Celsius (Centigrade) with 60 degrees humidity. It is 3:30 pm and I am full of the milk of human kindness following a hearty Christmas lunch and pud washed down with some admirable Australian white and red. Nevertheless thought I would browse the forums before having a lovely nap prior to heading off for Christmas dinner at friends.

I'll be thinking of you. :P

Merry Christmas!

Sorry to hear that Andy.

At Ballina, northern coastal NSW, Australia, it is blue skies as far as you can see, 30 degrees Celsius (Centigrade) with 60 degrees humidity. It is 3:30 pm and I am full of the milk of human kindness following a hearty Christmas lunch and pud washed down with some admirable Australian white and red. Nevertheless thought I would browse the forums before having a lovely nap prior to heading off for Christmas dinner at friends.

I'll be thinking of you. :P

Merry Christmas!

Excellent !

cheers from up here to you down there.

Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

What a difference a day makes Andy.

Raining here now. with no prospect of let-up, 20 degrees.

Oh well will watch the cricket test and start of the Sydney-Hobart yacht race. Isn't life good?

Guest mole_man99

If you want to use this with default terrain (mis-aligned Thames), then you can use this file. Readme instructions in the zip. Here

Dear all, unfortunately links are dead... Please send to mail Navig12@yandex.ru

Thank you wery much! 

Seems a very old thread, highly unlikely to find it. I would be interested in the file too but it's not in the library :-(

Seems a very old thread, highly unlikely to find it. I would be interested in the file too but it's not in the library :-(

It was in the avsim library not so long ago as I downloaded it. But it has clearly been deleted since.

Given the Date I think it wasn't made for FS98

Believe it or not, yes it was:

FS98 - FS98 Scenery FS98 Scenery--Update For London City [ Download | View ]
Name: london98.zip
Size: 122,894 Date: 07-28-2012 Downloads: 123

london98.gif
FS98 Scenery--Update For London City, UK. Includes new 300m high Shard Tower at Thames River and Olympic sign for Tower Bridge. Update was primarly made for default scenery, but it could also work with other sceneries. By Pablo Schultze-Rhonhof.