Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Current status of Pro-ATC?

Can anyone who actually has a current version of this add-on comment about it's current functionality and any bug status? I've read the original review back in June, and an update in October where there still appeared to be diverse opinions as to it's functionality. I am also in the process of reading a review here at AVSIM. I might be a potential customer if it offerred any substantial advantage over even the default FSX ATC.

I have used MS Voice-Pak to customize my FSX ATC and currently use the "European" format which although it refers to "Center" as "Control", it also offers some randomized common courtesies between AI and ATC, which is often present in the RW. I also have the voice speed at faster than default to try to get around ATC getting behind the traffic, and it certainly has enhanced it. But, the same voices all the time- it would be good to get something where different accents were available, if not automatically used, when geographical location is changed between countries or even regions with a country.

Thanks for any heads up on this, and a vety Merry Christmas to all those who observe this holiday.

Bruce.

it would be good to get something where different accents were available

Well, you are in luck with ProATC! You can even download and use the voice recorder where you can even record your own voice. Owners are now starting to upload several addon voices they made too. I have the latest update and it works great. You can even download the current AIRAC data and it is fully compatible with the NGX. The developer continues to listen to the owners and makes changes almost immediately. If there is a crash, you'll usually get feedback on the cause the same day. I have received immediate support from the developer and I heard others have too. I am confident this product will exceed expectations one day soon for most (it has already for me!). I think it's better than the default and one can even listen to the default ATC to hear about nearby aircraft. I have personally turned it off as I also have background ATC and it is a bit much to follow. I also employ AI Smooth to monitor my AI and make sure AI stays out of my path, on the ground and in the air. Merry Christmas!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Well, you are in luck with ProATC! You can even download and use the voice recorder where you can even record your own voice. Owners are now starting to upload several addon voices they made too. I have the latest update and it works great. You can even download the current AIRAC data and it is fully compatible with the NGX. The developer continues to listen to the owners and makes changes almost immediately. If there is a crash, you'll usually get feedback on the cause the same day. I have received immediate support from the developer and I heard others have too. I am confident this product will exceed expectations one day soon for most (it has already for me!). I think it's better than the default and one can even listen to the default ATC to hear about nearby aircraft. I have personally turned it off as I also have background ATC and it is a bit much to follow. I also employ AI Smooth to monitor my AI and make sure AI stays out of my path, on the ground and in the air. Merry Christmas!

Best regards,

Jim

Hi Jim....you seem to be the resident expert on Pro/ATC and I have been kind of following it's development from a far. Like others the search for good ATC never seems to end....lol...My question is does it now work ok for VFR and no-controled airfields. I do a lot of low and slow and like to beat the pattern for landing practice often. Most of the comments I have read are the tubeliner IFR types. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Hi Sam,

I'm an IFR'er and big tube pilot. I have not tried ProATC in VFR yet but don't see why it would not work. You'll make a VFR flightplan (you can do this with the FSX flightplan but you'll also have to set up one in ProATC too (or import/export the plan). You'll need to go into ProATC and Data/Aircrafts and set up an aircraft, say, the default B200 King Air, first. Right now the default ProATC has only heavies listed but you can list any aircraft, turboprop or jet. You'll need to select this aircraft when you make that VFR flight plan. Once the aircraft and flight plan have been developed, go fly. Go to your takeoff airport and select the number 1 to bring up the ProATC menu. Request clearance and you go from there. You will also have background ATC if you want too during your flight. Your co-pilot should set all of the NAV/COM speed, altitude, and maybe even more settings. You, as the Pilot just sits back and watch him/her in action. The co-pilot will even ask for taxi and takeoff instructions if you so desire and once off the ground, the co-pilot should be able to turn on the AP and you'll fly to your destination. Should you desire to takeover the aircraft, you can do so. Perhaps others here in this forum have already done a VFR flight and can confirm or deny this happens. If it's like the co-pilot taking over a 737, you'll be able to have the co-pilot do about everything except steer the aircraft on the ground or in the air. I may try this myself when I get a chance as I think it would be nice to have a VFR flight in a turbo once in awhile.

Hope this answers your question.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Sam,

I'm an IFR'er and big tube pilot. I have not tried ProATC in VFR yet but don't see why it would not work. You'll make a VFR flightplan (you can do this with the FSX flightplan but you'll also have to set up one in ProATC too (or import/export the plan). You'll need to go into ProATC and Data/Aircrafts and set up an aircraft, say, the default B200 King Air, first. Right now the default ProATC has only heavies listed but you can list any aircraft, turboprop or jet. You'll need to select this aircraft when you make that VFR flight plan. Once the aircraft and flight plan have been developed, go fly. Go to your takeoff airport and select the number 1 to bring up the ProATC menu. Request clearance and you go from there. You will also have background ATC if you want too during your flight. Your co-pilot should set all of the NAV/COM speed, altitude, and maybe even more settings. You, as the Pilot just sits back and watch him/her in action. The co-pilot will even ask for taxi and takeoff instructions if you so desire and once off the ground, the co-pilot should be able to turn on the AP and you'll fly to your destination. Should you desire to takeover the aircraft, you can do so. Perhaps others here in this forum have already done a VFR flight and can confirm or deny this happens. If it's like the co-pilot taking over a 737, you'll be able to have the co-pilot do about everything except steer the aircraft on the ground or in the air. I may try this myself when I get a chance as I think it would be nice to have a VFR flight in a turbo once in awhile.

Hope this answers your question.

Best regards,

Jim

Thanks Jim....will look forward to you report when you get a chance to try in VFR mode and Any infor from the others who have tried it would be great!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

I would like to know if the RealATC chatter package for US & Canada is working out, as i don't particularly want to hear chatter from the UK & Europe when i am flying from say KSFO to CYVR & are there any North American Controller voices? Absolutely no disrespect intended by the way, purely a realism factor.I am just about ready to jump in and purchase this program.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I would like to know if the RealATC chatter package for US & Canada is working out

I have it and it is perfect with ProATC. It has wave folders for Clearance, Departure, Tower, Ground, Center, and Approach.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks Jim....will look forward to you report when you get a chance to try in VFR mode and Any infor from the others who have tried it would be great!!

It does not work. I set up a new aircraft in the ProATC-X Data program - the default Beechcraft King Air 350. I then set up a flight plan from KLAX to KSAN. Everything seemed to be okay but, when I selected Fly Now and clicked on 1 to ask for clearance I got nothing even though I set my COM to clearance deliver at KLAX (think 121.40). No background ATC either. So I was dead in the water so to speak. I tried it several times and no communications. I haven't heard of anyone else setting up a twin engine aircraft and flying VFR either. I suspect this will be fixed some day soon.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

It does not work. I set up a new aircraft in the ProATC-X Data program - the default Beechcraft King Air 350. I then set up a flight plan from KLAX to KSAN. Everything seemed to be okay but, when I selected Fly Now and clicked on 1 to ask for clearance I got nothing even though I set my COM to clearance deliver at KLAX (think 121.40). No background ATC either. So I was dead in the water so to speak. I tried it several times and no communications. I haven't heard of anyone else setting up a twin engine aircraft and flying VFR either. I suspect this will be fixed some day soon.

Best regards,

Jim

Hi Jim

ProATC/X does work with twin engine and GA aircraft. In fact testing is done using GA aircraft and not just the NGX. ProATC/X now offers better support for the NGX with the latest update.

With reference to VFR using PRoATC/X, this has been answered by the Developer over in the ProATC/X forum

My suggestions would be to ask any questions over on the ProATC/X forum, there they will get answered, normally very quickly ^_^

The next release will have better support for flying with GA aircraft

Thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Best regards,

Jim

Hi Jim

Thanks for giving it a try. I had not really seen much info about GA and VFR. It is understandable at this point in the developement. I know theses guys are working hard on this program and I think that all this will get ironed out in due time. It has been a really good year for FSX with this program and OPUS coming along and looks like a new version of the popular A2A enhancement due out any day now.

Thanks again!

Sam

Hi Jim

ProATC/X does work with twin engine and GA aircraft. In fact testing is done using GA aircraft and not just the NGX. ProATC/X now offers better support for the NGX with the latest update.

With reference to VFR using PRoATC/X, this has been answered by the Developer over in the ProATC/X forum

My suggestions would be to ask any questions over on the ProATC/X forum, there they will get answered, normally very quickly ^_^

Thanks

Hi and thanks for your quick input. I have now started to monitor you site for more information. By the way, I have watched your new movies and that is a good idea. Very nicely done. I am sure many simmers will find them to be very helpful. Good luck with your project and thanks for taking it on. Not a simple feat for sure!!

Thanks

Sam

Hi Jim

Thanks

Yikes! I have been reprimanded! Apologize for stepping on your turf (although history proves I was there first). I am a strong supporter of ProATC and Mourad knows me well. A PM would have sufficed....

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Had a look at some of the video's (which btw are way longer then they need to be imho: what I get to see in half an hour could have been explained in a few minutes... Of course I do appreciate the effort. ;) ) and I noticed the planner has SID transitions but not the actual SID. Does ATC give you the SID when you are in the plane or is this it and do you have to fly straight to that transition? I noticed you can pick anything as a SID transition which seems to tell me no real SIDs will be used during the flight... The same goes for STARs.

Had a look at some of the video's (which btw are way longer then they need to be imho: what I get to see in half an hour could have been explained in a few minutes... Of course I do appreciate the effort. ;) ) and I noticed the planner has SID transitions but not the actual SID. Does ATC give you the SID when you are in the plane or is this it and do you have to fly straight to that transition? I noticed you can pick anything as a SID transition which seems to tell me no real SIDs will be used during the flight... The same goes for STARs.

BTW I echo Jim's comments on ProATC's development. Not perfect by any means but far better then default ATC and arguably better than others out there and will probably be the best very soon. The key is active development and support of which others are dead. Its rare to get answers to questions or issues within a day sometimes hours.

To answer your question, yes you should be flying real SIDS and STARS and file them on the flighplan by the end transition and beginning accordingly. Your SID will be assigned on clearnece delivery and on approach the STAR to fly will be assigned. The AIRAC data curremt;imported in to pro atc reads the restrictions and waypoints. There are issues at times but they are being addressed in due time.

Same for the active runway , but that is usually FSX screwing things up or depends on what the AI is doing in accordance with weather.

Im hoping that they will have some control of the AI in the future to ensure the landing and departing runway is in accordance with the winds.

It was expensive at first, but Im really pleased with its progression and look forward to what it has in store.

Dave

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png