Sign in to follow this  
n454mw

Tundra tailwheel sinking

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the tundra version. I have installed Bernt Stolle's excellent FDE and I'm still trying to land the tundra version without bouncing. On those very frequent occasions when I look like a pogo stick going down the runway after the first touch for some reason the tail will sink into the ground up to the elevator stabilizer. I end up seeing even more of the sky than usual but I don't get any crash sound or automatic resetting of the flight. While taxiing and setting still I've never had this to happen. I know there are some adjustments that can be made in the contact points section but I thought that was only for when the plane is setting still.

Has anybody else had this to happen? Any ideas how to fix this?

Mark

Hi Mark,

Yes this has happend to me also. I was told that it is a sign of a too hard landing and if I touch down more gently it does not occur.

So keep on trying!!! :-)

Many happy landings, T.

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times