Sign in to follow this  
BimmerCop

4GB GTX680 + HT ON + TileProxy = I can't believe it's not butter!

Hello,

I fly nothing but photo scenery and last night I just tired this out LOD_RADIUS=9.90000 and wow so FAST crisp and clear scenery with no loss in frames from prior settings.

My only tweaks used inside FSX config are......

[Display]

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30

[Main]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.15

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

[TERRAIN]

LOD_RADIUS=9.900000

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My system 2700k @4.8 with 580gtx 2 gb

Wow this is very interesting info. You anyone tell me what exactly Tileproxy is for? What does it do to FSX performance?

Just wanted to point this out, where it clearly shows that when it comes to photoreal scenery such as TP, a 4GB card is the way to go.

I've been a believer since Aug. when I dropped the $ for the 670 4gb...and the card hasn't disappointed yet!

Alan

And a quick question for Efrian, I noticed you have your affinity mask set to 249, I also run the 3770 with HT on and have the affinity mask at 84 (per Word Not Allowed's tuning guide), whats the difference between 84 and 249?

The difference is that 84 gives you 2 texture loaders, where both have their own core. While 249 gives you 5 texture loaders where one has its own core while the others are hyperthreaded. 84 gives you higher FPS while 249 gives you faster texture loading at a slightly lower FPS. Texture loading can benefit a lot from hyperthreading. FPS won't.

The difference is that 84 gives you 2 texture loaders, where both have their own core. While 249 gives you 5 texture loaders where one has its own core while the others are hyperthreaded.

You've lost me. Where are you getting these numbers from?

Thanks,

Scott

Been preaching more GPU ram will always help FSX - but at least someone believes me now.

Rich Sennett

Is there a version of 249 for those of us running HT OFF and 6 physical cores?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Been preaching more GPU ram will always help FSX - but at least someone believes me now.

I have been taught to believe that the GPU is not very important to FSX. Now I come on Avsim and find out that I need to spend $765 on a new graphics card! Thanks for nothing, guys. You've convinced me, so the 'shoes for children money' will go towards an EVGA 680 FTW.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Now I come on Avsim and find out that I need to spend $765 on a new graphics card!

Try buying online from the States either through Amazon or a reputable Ebay seller for example.

When I got my 680 it was much cheaper to get it shipped out from the states.

I have never bought computer parts from the US, but maybe this is the piece of gear to start with! I have been shopping around, because you've all made me want this card - in australia, that's the cheapest price i can find for an in-stock item. Anyone in the us has it easy with computer builds. :)

Btw, I just looked up umart again and the price i quoted was $10 LESS than the cost - my brain is trying to bring these numbers back to earth a bit!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

My link is the cheapest price and well backed up by Newegg buy all of my parts from them always new products and never had a problem with them. Have to see if they ship that far and the cost involved. Not seeing your pc specs make sure it will install on your board and you have a decent power supply, good luck.

Rich Sennett