Sign in to follow this  
TracyQ

I have a TrackIR 5, and rarely use it?

hello

I my TrackIR broke and I could not replace it I would probably stop flight simming altogether.

I do appreciate that some folks never got past the 2D panel stage and are not able to adapt, each to their own

hello

I my TrackIR broke and I could not replace it I would probably stop flight simming altogether.

I do appreciate that some folks never got past the 2D panel stage and are not able to adapt, each to their own

Has nothing to do with never getting past the 2D panel stage or not being able to adapt, it has to do with preference... Give me an MS Kinect type solution that doesn't require a hat, visor or headphones and is not light sensitive like TrackIR and I would be all over it. I just don't like the current incarnation of the technology for FS. I also don't like to wear 3D glasses when watching TV so I guess THAT is 2D ;). In all seriousness, it is very good technology I do use it for racing/driving sims in limited bursts but at 2560*1600 I have almost all my gauges visible in the VC anyway so the Hat switch and a few pre-set views is just what I prefer for FS...

I also notice everyone keeps referencing GA. TBH in a VC with a lot of switches, dials and knobs it is not always ideal... Yes you can pause it but the more you pause it the more you use the hat switch or presets anyway...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Sheez - TIR is OK if you need it but it also disables EZDOK motion and is useless in outside view where I do most of my xCountry flying. To each his own I guess. Cheers jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Sheez - TIR is OK if you need it but it also disables EZDOK motion and is useless in outside view where I do most of my xCountry flying. To each his own I guess. Cheers jja

How so? These two have been 100% compatible and complimentary with each other for years.

I use mine on every flight, in GA and others. I have my middle mouse button set to pause the TIR, if I need I can alway hold space and move with the mouse to zoom in on something.

I just got a 40 inch TV for flight sim, it's pretty neat on that.

You're not alone. I have TIR5, used it quite a lot in the beginning. Now, I never use it. It gave me sore eyes and a bad neck. :rolleyes:

I mainly use mine for aircraft start up and for that it's exceptional. Once in flight I will use it mostly for panning left and right. I think there is a lot to be said about the immersion factor with a big screen. I have a 60" screen about 36" away and it is fantastic other than a compromise on some aircraft gauge clarity. That's the trade off I've chosen and don't regret it one iota. Like some previous replies state, Track IR has to be tuned properly to your preferences and after that it's all gravy.

Had mine for a long while and rarely use it. The camera would just pan in all directions when I'd barely move. Just couldnt get the thing set up and working for any length of time. Maybe I'll give it a try again.

I use mine on every flight. GA or tubeliner.. I don't have trouble with clickspots. many times on vatsim I would be hand flying a approach only to get the annoying " contact tower on........." without track IR I would have to pause to tune the radio

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I can't fly without it, especially when dog fighting or low and fast!

Same here. When I flew real world GA I always wore a baseball cap under my DC's. I now use those same DC's and cap with FSX, and a track clip on the hat. I feel naked without em, and without trackir I feel like my heads in a traction device. No right or wrong here though. Different strokes.

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

I have track ir 4 an boy let me tell you it gives me a hard time when turning my neck left to right it just doesn't keep still . I was planning on purchasing track ir 5 but if it is any different from mines am thinking twice before purchasing it . Right now am trying to set it up correctly to use it with the Airbus X Extended . I just wish to have a perfect setting in which my neck wouldn't hurt so much . I do pause it sometimes when my neck hurts but when taxing it gets very annoying. But don't get me wrong i still enjoy flying with it.

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Guest Mik75
I have track ir 4 an boy let me tell you it gives me a hard time when turning my neck left to right it just doesn't keep still . I was planning on purchasing track ir 5 but if it is any different from mines am thinking twice before purchasing it . Right now am trying to set it up correctly to use it with the Airbus X Extended . I just wish to have a perfect setting in which my neck wouldn't hurt so much . I do pause it sometimes when my neck hurts but when taxing it gets very annoying. But don't get me wrong i still enjoy flying with it.

Hi!

Just increase the null zones of the axis and put the smoothing level at values around 60-80. That should improve things dramatically!

It is collecting dust on my PC desk too, the most expensive FS purchase I have ever made but haven't used TrackIR since EZDOK arrived on the scene.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I've had TIR for a number of years now but with the track clip that you attach to the cap it wasn't always a pleasure using it to say the least. With the track clip pro everything changed and it works sooo much better. I ALWAYS use it and never fly an aircraft (in FS9) without VC. However, for some reason Track IR works MUCH better in FS9 than in FSX. In the Aerosoft Airbus Extended it's almost impossible for me to look around in the standard forward looking view, so I have to use one of the presets when eg looking at the upper panel.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------