Sign in to follow this  
IanB

FSX Crashes on loading PMDG J41

Hi There,

I just purchased and installed FS2Crew for the PMDG J41. After making recommended changes outlined in the manual I started up FSX , loaded the Cessna on the runway and then tried to load the PMDG J41 but each time I suffer "Fatal Error" and FSX either restarts or quits. I have installed the latest version of DirectX. The only data from

C:\Users\<---USER NAME--->\AppData\Roaming (if using Vista or Win 7) \FS2Crew2010\Versions\Jetstream\

Is in the folder Saved Data as follows:

[FS2CrewData]

Accent=0

Volume=3

USBDevice=0

AES=0

Doors=1

GateDep=1

GateArr=1

PbUnits=0

PbDist=4

Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks.

Ian Burston

It seems that somehow my PMDG J41 has been corrupted and at this stage not an issue to do with FS2Crew. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but still PMDG J41 suffers a fateful error so I am off to PMDG for support on this.

Thinking this through the JS41 was fine until I installed FS2Crew and now there is some kind of corrupted file perhaps in FSX. Is this a know issue and if so is there any fix or do I have to do a complete reinstall of FSX?

If the latter is the case then I guess there is a risk of the same situation when installing FS2Crew.

Look forward to your comments.

ian Burston

Thinking this through the JS41 was fine until I installed FS2Crew and now there is some kind of corrupted file perhaps in FSX. Is this a know issue and if so is there any fix or do I have to do a complete reinstall of FSX?

If the latter is the case then I guess there is a risk of the same situation when installing FS2Crew.

Look forward to your comments.

ian Burston

Iam sure bryan will come here to help you since if there were a problem than there would be a flood of posts regarding your problem since havnt seen any posts, There is something else happening on your end. You havnt posted what caused the ctd by looking at your event viewer which would tell you what module caused the crash.. Only suggestion i got till Bryan comes in is to unistall the fscrew2 completly using the correct method than running ccleaner and than trying it again. And i be downloading it again since you may have gotten a corrupted download previously and also installing it as admin rights as well and by disabling your avg as well when installing it since some avg could cause problems when installing it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks Peter. I did actually uninstall FS2Crew and the JS41. Trashed the applicable folders and then installed JS41. Tried to load it after the Cessna but the same fatal error happened. Other planes load fine. So now I am stuck wondering what is the best action. Reinstalling FSX will be a real pain but it may be the only option. Will download CCleaner and use it and then try another install of the JS41. Once that is running I will try to install FS2Crew again. In the meantime perhaps Bryan or somebody else will have experienced this problem and provide feedback. Thanks.

I hang off doing the fsx re install till Bryan comes in

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It seems that somehow my PMDG J41 has been corrupted and at this stage not an issue to do with FS2Crew. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but still PMDG J41 suffers a fateful error so I am off to PMDG for support on this.

You're best bet is to contact PMDG.

If you did a re-install of J41 aircraft, then it's clean... it has no FS2Crew on it.

However, my advice:

1. Delete your FSX.CFG file. It will rebuild when you're done. Don't forget to run ******* Bojote's FSX CFG tweaker.

2. Update your video/sound drivers.

3. CC Cleaner and the likes: Personally, I think those programs often do more damage than good. "System Mechanic" will damage SAPI, the speech recognition system.

4. Use Event Viewer (google it), to get more details on the CTD, then google what you find.

Cheers,

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for responding. Agree CC Cleaner and the likes as it wiped out a lot of key settings which had me reformat and reinstall Windows 7. Lesson Learnt. Now reinstalling FSX and add ons. Perhaps this will prove a blessing. Cheers.

Ian

I have finished the complete reinstall and have FS2Crew running to the point of begining the cockpit speech. So looking good. Thanks to those offering advice.

glad you have it working again

Peter kelberg

having the same issue.  All aircraft, including other PMDG products work just fine.  But all of a sudden the Jetstream 4100 now causes fatal error with MSFS X.  It was running fine.  No new updates from windows, running windows 7 64bit.  A visit to my event viewer indicates that the faulting module is c:\fsx\guages\pmdg_bae_js4100.dll.  I copied a previous version of that .dll from a backup but the files are identical. The exception code is 0xc0000005, which seems to be an access violation.  What do you suggest?  Reinstalling Windows or FSX is simply not an option.  What about uninstalling the j4100 and reinstalling?

try using the repair option

Peter kelberg

PM me your email and I will send you a file from PMDG that goes in the gauges folder. it worked for me

ZORAN