Sign in to follow this  
Cai Zicheng

How is the ERJ-140 addon

Hello everyone,

I have been looking at the ERJ-140 addon on sale at the ORG store. However, I see nothing so far about how deep the system simulation is. I even found no screenshot that has Flight Director turned on.

So is this addon comparable to the FSX feelthere rendition? And what are your experiences with it?

Thank you.

Cai

Zicheng Cai

The ERJ for X-Plane is a different breed. It never was intended to be a full systems aircraft from the start. As why it is priced accordingly. What the developer wanted to do was to build an aircraft with nothing but default X-Plane systems. So with that, it is about as good as it gets in the world of no plug-ins or fancy code. It does have very good flight dynamics and the eye candy is definitely there. But if your expecting it to be comparable to Feelthere's, it won't be.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I bought it years ago to say thank-you to the author, Dan Klaue, for his excellent YouTube videos on how to use PlaneMaker and Blender to make aircraft. The ERJ-140 was the subject project of the video. At that time, it had no systems simulation at all, but now the .org page is saying 'Amazing model with custom systems' so it must have been updated. I'm a bit annoyed; I never received an email to tell me the aircraft I'd purchased had been updated...

Modern glass-cockpit aircraft aren't really to my taste so I didn't use it much. I haven't had it installed for the last eighteen months or so; sorry I can't give more information.

If you're not specifically after an ERJ-140, the Javier/Philipp CRJ-200 is on sale at the .org until the 30th, half price at $30: http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/x-planestore/Detail?no=292

I haven't used it, but this aircraft has an excellent reputation. It's been out for over a year, but most people will agree it's one of the highest-quality X-Plane additions yet made, with good systems simulation.

I can only point you at the manuals. I can't read them myself, because I can't download them, because my internet connection is rubbish. But the CRJ has a Flight Management System simulation that is at least mostly complete - i'd be surprised if it's missing any important FD or autopilot modes.

CRJ: http://www.jrollon.com/CRJ.html

ERJ: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=45360 (I'm not sure this manual is up-to-date. It is from May 2010, and a new version of the ERJ was released in Oct 2011. Possibly the 2011 updates were only cosmetic, for example the pushback truck. I'm completely guessing here.)

I bought the CRJ about three months ago and actually like it. However, nothing about the ERJ autopilot is represented in videos, screenshots etc. So I'd like to hear more from the community.

Thanks.

Zicheng Cai

No ERJ-140 is not the aircraft for deep system's simulation. It's more a look-wise aircraft, what can be achieved visually.

LES_signature_300px.png.fb92590eee91bc5f31a172293bd6014f.png