Sign in to follow this  
aarque

Reluctant Library links

Today I was prevented from downloading "ont2012x.zip," which was linked from this page: http://library.avsim...en&DLID=173990. After a short delay at this expected "donations" page, http://library.avsim...php?DLID=173990, this page opened instead, ftp://library.avsim.net/civil_flight/msfs/fsx/scenery/ont2012x.zip/, which listed an ftp directory personalized to my login identity. The only click-able link was " Up to higher level directory."

I have been noticing increasing delays while negotiating the ftp transaction, over the past few weeks and today other files transfer as expected from the Avsim file library. This is only to apprise of the circumstance, I am not seeking support.

Rick Keller

I've checked and tested the file 'ont2012x.zip' and the library in detail. Couldn't replicate the issue.

No idea why it happened for you. Are you able to download the file now?

I've not seen any ftp delays either, its the same as always. What browser and Internet security software do you have installed? its possible it may be blocking some stuff from AVSIM on occasion.

Browser is Firefox, ESET NOD32 blocks hostile sites. If you checked the link, you will see that it shows an empty ftp directory, at least it does for me. The only way I can think the problem is here is if Firefox keeps loading a cache of a page that had no link the first time it loaded. Explorer behaves normally wit the FTP, so, got to be a cache thing.

Rick Keller

I've tested it with Firefox, Chrome, Opera and others - it works ok and the file downloads fine.

Clear your Firefox's cache (everything in there, cookies and all) - that should solve your issue.

Its generally a good idea to periodically clear your browser's cache from time to time. I tend to do it regularly.