Sign in to follow this  
Krister

FS9 crashes with RXP 530

I wrote the same question over at the unofficial RealityXP forum, but it doesn't hurt to ask here to:

Yesterday I did this magnicifent flight on Vatim in my RXP 530 ver 1.6 equipped Aeroworx 200 using FS9. When finished I closed the computer, started it again just now but now when I load the airplane I see the cockpit panel with the 530 unit for about two tenths of a second, then FS9 crashes.

I activated the RXP in a few other airplanes with the same result, FS9 crashes. I also tried putting it into the default Cessna 172 that FS9 loads with and I can't even get to the start up screen where you choose flights, aircraft etc.

I removed Reality XP 530 and reverted to an old installation file that gives me version 1.4. Installing that one the result is the exact same. If I remove RXP 530 from the plane, it loads without a hitch. I have never seen this behaviour before and I am totally stuck. I now updated the 1.4 to 1.6 (something) but to no avail. In FSX I have no problem.

As I said, I hadn't touched anything since I finished my flight yesterday and closed the computer. Any bright ideas, anyone? Oh, I did restart my computer! :D

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Problem fixed with the help of Bert Pieke!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Thank you Krister but how was the problem fixed? Others may be interested to know.

As far as I know, the only solution is to uninstall v1.6, then manually remove some files that are left behind, then install the previous version (v1.4).

Graeme Butler

As Graeme said and for more details look att his: http://www.simforums...topic44473.html

What I did was uninstall 1.6, then remove the whole folder c:\Programdata\Reality XP and then re-install 1.4 and it then it worked. I was using 1.6 before I ran into these issues so probably I could install it again and have it working. But I just don't see any major features in ver 1.6 that makes it worth it!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The FS2004 (FS9) Forum" to "Crash To Desktop (CTD) Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.

Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10