Sign in to follow this  
LMF5000

Looking for a very high quality, long-range FSX aircraft

I'd like your suggestions for a very high quality FSX addon of a long-range aircraft for exploring the world, one long-haul flight at a time...

In a nutshell, I'd like something as good as the PMDG 737 NGX, but with a range of over 5000nm.

I can think of several real-world aircraft that are up to the task, but where I need help is finding a good model of said planes on FSX.

Some specifics:

1. Proper simulation of aircraft systems (eg - if engines have air starters, I expect that they won't start if bleed air pressure is low due to no air source or leaving A/C packs on; control surfaces don't move if hydraulic pressure is low; EGT temperature rises slowly on startup, not the instant rise of the FSX default aircraft... etc.)
  2. Realistic avionics simulation (eg - if the real aircraft has an FMC, autoland and a LVL Change mode in the autopilot, the addon should have those too)
  3. Detailed VC with textures and 3D buttons and gauges if applicable

As for the actual aircraft, anything will do -

• Any size (Widebody, narrowbody, cargo, passenger jet, business jet and everything in between)
  • Any number of engines

All I ask is that the aircraft has a range of over 5000nm and the FSX addon has the three things mentioned above.

P.S. I already have the PMDG MD-11 and PMDG 747 (so no need to mention these).

Thanks!

In the meanwhie you can try pmdg MD11.

Sorry, just now I seen you already got it :-)

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Err you'll be waiting for the PMDG 777 then.

Or the BBJ - not sure what the range is on the ER? I suspect that will be first...

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Over 5000nm? Yikes! Ok, then the new Airbus A340-500 from.. nobody will do. :( Or that great A330-200 from no one. Ok, there's a A380 'coming up' since a few years.

Unfortunately, not much to report in that category. Both detailed 777 renditions are in the making.

How about the Flight Sim Labs Concorde?

Fulcrum One Yoke / FSProjects Airbus Side Stick, Honeycomb Bravo, Slaw Device RX Viper V2

Intel i9 10900K, EVGA 3080Ti FTW, 32GB RAM

Great plane! But 5000nm aren't within the envelope. You are already stretching it with 3500nm. Well, one could refuel of course. Still faster than others. B)

Err you'll be waiting for the PMDG 777 then.

Hehe. Believe me, I am!

But I was hoping there might be someone out there (besides PMDG) who currently make a decent B777. Or at least the airbus equivalent (would that be the A330?). Or maybe a Bombardier Global, or a Gulfstream G550...

How about the Flight Sim Labs Concorde?

From what I can gather it's not bad, systems-wise. But the VC and model look a little flat and untextured -

The FSLabs Concorde is a great plane. It's not the newest addon out there, but the model looks awesome and the VC excellent graphically. It is probably the most realistic addon released within the past few years with a non-glass cockpit and we'll probably never see another plane like this in the future. The only drawback is that it's pretty heavy on the frames on my PC.

Fulcrum One Yoke / FSProjects Airbus Side Stick, Honeycomb Bravo, Slaw Device RX Viper V2

Intel i9 10900K, EVGA 3080Ti FTW, 32GB RAM

The FSLabs Concorde is a great plane. It's not the newest addon out there, but the model looks awesome and the VC excellent graphically. It is probably the most realistic addon released within the past few years with a non-glass cockpit and we'll probably never see another plane like this in the future. The only drawback is that it's pretty heavy on the frames on my PC.

And its the most challenging aircraft to fly as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg