Sign in to follow this  
Unitedpilot747

Vatsim FSInn Mic not transmitting error

I've just upgraded from SB3 to FSInn a week ago and i noticed when i change freq's it wont transmit and some times if i disconnect and reconnect that freq it works but not all the time and some times when i'm in mid flight in the same air space it wont work it just not working it works when i restart FSX i don't if it stops working when i check my emails but it wont work i'm tired of it i just wanna talk! any help? i got windows 7 64 bit SP1

The FSInn FSFDT Control Panel needs to reside inside your STARTUP GROUP. If it's missing, you will definitely experience strange problems when trying to transmit VOICE in FSInn.

It can be found in the Start Menu under the FSFDT group, labeled Control Panel. It's the icon in the tasktray that looks like a traffic light.

If the traffic light icon is not showing in your tasktray, you don't have it running and FSInn isn't going to run properly - especially the VOICE portion!

This is the path to your startup folder:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

navigate to that folder, and drop a copy of FSFDT Control Panel into the STARTUP folder. That way, any time you reboot or start you PC- you will have the traffic light icon in your taskbar and FSInn should work properly.

The two programs you need to install for FSInn must be installed on the FSX machine, PLUS the same two need to be installed on a REMOTE PC if you wish to run FSInn from a networked PC to take CPU load off your main FSX box. If running on an external PC, you start FSInn only on the external machine, you DO NOT access it from the FSX drop-down menu. If installed ONLY on the FSX machine, you DO access FSInn from your options drop down menu within FSX (as you do for GSX, or EZDok)

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

The actual name of the program you want to copy to your startup group is:

FSFDTCP.exe

This program lives in C:\Program Files (x86)\FSDT\Control Panel (assuming C: is your main drive and you're running Windows 7)

right click on the program and choose "COPY" from the flyout menu.

Navigate to your Startup Folder

If you want the program to run for ALL USERS navigate to:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Right click in that folder and choose PASTE

If you only want it to run for YOUR USER NAME copy this line into your Windows Explorer window and hit enter - you will be in the Startup Folder for YOUR specific Windows 7 user name.

C:\users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Right click inside the startup folder and choose PASTE.

The file will be copied to your startup group.

Reboot.

After rebooting you should see the traffic light icon in your taskbar (see image below)

xpm6uh5cyx3oea2t6bly.jpg

If you CAN see this image in the machine you're using to run FSInn (either your Main FSX PC or a separate auxilliary pc) your FSInn VOICE should work as expected.

To configure the PTT (Push-to-Talk) button that will activate your microphone within FSX-

START FSX on your main machine.

On the machine you will actually run FSInn on (either your MAIN FSX PC or else your 'auxiliary' or 'extra' PC or laptop:

Right click on the Control Panel Icon in your taskbar (see above image- it looks like a traffic signal)

You will see a menu for FSInn, open the flyouts as highlighted in yellow in the below diagram:

(In other words, click on VOICE, then VATSIM, then KEYMAPPINGS as shown in the left-hand column and highlighted in YELLOW.)

The First box in the right side is the joystick button you want to use for Push-to-talk. click SET, the press the Joystick button you want to assign to your PTT key. The empty window should populate with a Button Number as shown.

Then do the keyboard key you want assign for PTT in the next window down, click SET, then click a keyboard key (example the Left Hand CTRL key), The word LeftControl will populate as shown.

Put a tick mark in the last window FS key works even when FS is not running. Close the window.

You should now have your push to talk working as you expect.

Footnote: Be sure your HEADSET is selected as your main communication device inside the WINDOWS control panel. Click Start Button, Control Panel, then SOUND. Click RECORDING tab. Be sure your headset is plugged in. If you don't have your headset selected as primary communications device, select it and when it is highlighted, click APPLY. FYI, Vatsim controllers do not like MICROPHONES as your voice carrier in Vatsim- they MUCH prefer a HEADSET, which will cut background noise to a minimum. Get a small piece of shipping sponge to put over your voice mic on your headset to act as a windscreen and cut breath pops. The shipping sponge-like foam can usually be found encasing a new hard drive. Typically it is dark-grey or black in color.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

This graphic belongs in the prior post just above this one.

a9qswjxhqluy1oglr72c.jpg

As long as you have FSX running, you can make the above assignments on your choice of the FSX machine or an external PC or laptop you are using to control FSInn. BONUS! You can assign push-to-talk joystick buttons and/or keyboard assignment for PTT to work from your main FSX PC, even though you're running THIS program on a different PC! You MUST have FSX running and then start the above FSFDT control panel by double-clicking the traffic light icon in your taskbar. Then you assign the buttons and/or keypresses for Push-to-talk and you're golden.

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Lost my mic...spent 2 days banging my head....never checked key mapping.  Some how I lost the mapping to the yoke button.  Problem solved thanks to your comprehensive post.

Thanks!

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The VATSIM Support Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.