Sign in to follow this  
DannyH73

Orbx - 2013 release announcement

John posted the 2013 plans for Orbx - pretty aggressive launch plans along with Orbx World ....

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/52918-2013/page__gopid__467470#entry467470

And in case you can't see the link:

Hello everyone,

Firstly let me wish each and every one of our customers, suppliers, Orbx staff, FS press and anyone associated with Orbx a wonderful and prosperous 2013. I am about to head off to the pub for our NYE celebrations here in the UK and I hope everyone has enjoyed the festive season also. I'd like to thank our loyal customers for their support and enthusiasm for all things Orbx and I promise you all that 2013 will be our most robust and exciting year yet!

So what is in store for 2013?

Wow, what a year we have for you! We have successfully established a third party studio (SIM720) in 2012 and they are getting up to speed with developing both regions and airports. Sure, there were some 'warts' in FTX England but you have to hand it to this new young team, they have done a superb job starting from ground zero and they are hard at work on SP1 which will please most of those who have helped us with their constructive critique of the region. Please keep providing us feedback - that's how all our FTX regions get better, with your input and support.

Our focus in 2013 is for North America and Europe, and of course the world with FTX Global.

Here is the airports product roadmap for you:

EUROPE

EGSG Stapleford Abbotts

EGTR Elstree

EGML Damyns Hall

EGHI Southampton

EGKN Kenley Aerodrome

EGKA Shoreham

EGBN Nottingham

EGTF Fairoaks

EGTH - Shuttleworth

EGHC - Lands End

EGLS - Old Sarum

EGTK - Oxford

EGLG - Panshagar

EGSV - Old Buckenham

EGVO - Odiham

EGBP - Kemble

EGHN - Isle of wight

EGHJ - Bembridge

EKGL - Deanland Lewes

and more ...

NORTH AMERICA

KVUO Pearson

CEF4 Airdrie

65S Bonners Ferry

CYBW - Springbank Calgary

CFX2 Okotoks Air Ranch, AB - Vlad

CZPC Pincher Creek AB - Vlad

WN54 - Ellerport - Ken

KBZN - Bozeman Yellowstone Intl

KELN Bowers Field

S93 Cle Elum

KSQL San Carlos Airport

and more ....

AUSTRALIA

YBTH Bathurst

YSCB-CITY Cityscape Canberra

YBRM Broome International

and more ...

NEW ZEALAND

NZQN Queenstown

NZKK Kerikeri and Bay Of Islands surrounds

NZTG, Tauranga Airport

NZRO, Rotorua Intl

NZMO, Te Anau Airport/Manapouri

and more ...

Now to the full-featured FTX regions coming in 2013/14:

FTX EU Wales

FTX EU Scotland

FTX EU Northern Ireland

FTX EU Ireland

FTX EU Holland

FTX NA South Alaska

FTX NA Northern California

FTX NA New England Maritimes

Finally in the first half of 2013 we will release FTX Global which I've discussed and shared early pre-alpha shots from over the past week. This is an ambitious and huge project for Orbx which will see further innovation and the consolidation of how you fly between our FTX regions.

So you can see we have a very ambitious and exciting schedule of products coming over the next 18 months and of course please don't hold us to this list; we'll try to tackle them all if we can but we cannot promise they will all see the light of day by Christmas 2013. However, we are a hard working team and we'll try to keep the Orbx content coming.

Time to invest in that new hard drive? You betcha! :)

All the very best for 2013 to everyone.

Danny Hicks

Yep - the team seems to be getting larger and the screenshots always look so good, but I wish I knew how expensive this hobby would be when I started! I used to buy everything they released, but with this many planned I'm going to have to start rationing myself.

They said the last ever sale was the one in April this year - wonder if that will ever be re-thought?

Danny Hicks

Wow, that looks very ambitious. I hope they can pull it all off.

I used to be an Orbx completeist too, but it's gotten such that there are too many addons.

Good luck to them.

An amazing list,,, but I will have to be pretty selective. Neither my wallet nor my wife would tolerate purchasing 'em all !

FTX NA New England Maritimes what does this encompass ?

Rich Sennett

FTX NA New England Maritimes what does this encompass ?

Yes, what is this?

Regards;

Fritz

When I hear "Maritimes" I think of Atlantic Canada. So maybe some of that and some of the New England coast - Maine and Massachusetts at least. Hard to tell 'til we get a map or a more detailed description.

I'm from Nova Scotia, one of the three provinces that make up the Maritimes. The other two are New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. That is a pretty hard definition. I'm more vague on what New England means.

Very ambitious roll out schedule...

When I hear "Maritimes" I think of Atlantic Canada. So maybe some of that and some of the New England coast - Maine and Massachusetts at least. Hard to tell 'til we get a map or a more detailed description.

From previous releases, the first NA being PNW, I've speculated that the East side was rejected as a candidate for either being overly complex or too easily scrutinized for inaccuracies as was evident with the release of England. However, Northern New England is at least closer to the densely populated areas South which is something I and many other sim aficionados have been craving since they reveled their philosophy on scenery design years ago.

Regards;

Fritz

For NA, I guess I'm a little disappointed, at least from a region perspective. NoCal and SoAK were announced for last year, so no surprise to see them on the list as they'd obviously slipped into 2013, but the only additional NA region will be the NE Maritimes which is again no surprise considering what's been mentioned previously. I guess I held out some slim hope that the southern Rockies would make it back onto the list. Ah, well.

There are some interesting airports listed for NA, however. Bozeman will be nice to have, as will Bonner's Ferry and San Carlos should make for an interesting GA base of operations for NoCal and is right in the heart of the complex airspace of the Bay Area.

Scott

I hope quality continues to be consistent and prioritized. I also hope to see more major European airports (to replace some of the aging Aerosoft renditions).

Very much looking forward to Bathurst and the New Zealand airports

I live in Massachusetts so that's why I was interested. :rolleyes:

Rich Sennett

I hope the Canadian section will be included in the Maritimes region and not just the New England (US) section- and then have to hope the simaddons airports (www.simaddons.com) are going to be compatible too.

Danny Hicks