Sign in to follow this  
BlueLemon

Rollout Mod Kicks in on APP

Ok can any one explain this Please LOC is captures so i hit APP and every thing is ok when i attempt to do the Auto-land by Hitting the Second Autopilot ( B ) the back wheels of the Aircraft touches the RWY and then out of no ware Full Power and it's Air born this only happens when i hit the Autopilot ( B ) and i can see that the roll-out mode is activated

how to fix this and what am i doing for the Aircraft to Act Like this ??

thank you

Hi,

Do you have hardware thrust leavers? As you land the Autothrottle will disconnect, and if you have external thrustleavers and they are set to full the engines will accelerate. To fix this pull back the thrust leavers to idle on approach.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Other then my Joy stick i don't have any thing, as Hardware .. i just tried it out today also it seems i cant get the second autopilot B to connect so if i do a ILS approach i can manage with a Single CH on the FD and i manage to land But as far as Auto-land i haven't figured it out Y it wont Engage

one other fast Quetion when should i press the Second autopilot B for the whole trip or only for landings ??

and the CWS when can i engage this also on landing or before

the reason i ask is because i was flying on line and i got missed up with the roll-out thing so now i am scared to press anything :)

thanks for the Quick Replay

Yes but in the tutorial it says when you get the G/S press Autopilot 2 witch is the B and when i did this every thing got messed up :)

Well before pressing B you should make sure some things are set:

-Both Navradios tuned into the right frequency (ILS)

-GS and LOC capatured

-Both course windows set to the runway heading/loc course (It will auto set in the PMDG NGX by default, however just to make sure ;))

If you strictly follow the tutorial nothing should go wrong. You may want to do it again?

Thank you so much for your help

i did do the tutorial 2 times every thing was ok as far as LOC is being captured my problem is when i hit APP some times it lite's up and some times no when it does Lite up i hit the B and thats when i get the problem ,, and i get a FMC reset Yellow Lite Flashing :) and being online lined up for final and 3 guys Behind you and every thing id flashing is a terrible feeling hhhhh

Ensure your approach actually has a glide-path - some localizers don't.

Ensure your glidepath marker is above you before arming the APP mode - ATC may have vectored you in a little tight. A typical 3.0* GP will align at around 5 NM.

Same advice as a above. Ensure both NAV radios are tuned to the same ILS and courses are identical.

I'm fairly certain all default appraches have a GS regardless of what RW has.

Chuck Biggins

Ensure your approach actually has a glide-path - some localizers don't.

Ensure your glidepath marker is above you before arming the APP mode - ATC may have vectored you in a little tight. A typical 3.0* GP will align at around 5 NM.

Same advice as a above. Ensure both NAV radios are tuned to the same ILS and courses are identical.

Ok this can be true that ATC is directing me in a different angel then offline ,, when you say glidepath marker is above you you mean i should be at a Lower altitude then Usel ?? yes

do you use the CWS also witch is for the front wheel lock ?? it is either CWS or CSW i cant remember exactly coa i never used it

thanks

Hi,

Patrick is saying that you should intercept the glidepath from below. So once it shows on the display, the manganta diamond should be above you or at least at the same altitude.

Also, if I remember correctly, when you press APP that button lights up but that does not mean it has captures the ILS/GS. That is something you see at the PFD where it'll say VOR and G/S when captured. Only after the glideslope has been captured you should press AP2.

Correct me if I'm wrong.