Sign in to follow this  
Brett Nicholls

GPS not working in Reality XP 530

Hi All,

I bought the Reality XP 530 and installed it into my Carenado 337. The GPS does not seem to work on it. I think the VLOC does but no GPS. I have checked through the Forums but nothing specific to this issue. Running FSX on Win7 64 bit.

I have setup a Direct to leg, the Magenta line is shown and gps shown when CDI is activated. Just fails to follow it and tends to stray away from line. Once I thought I had it right by activating the GPS when I intercepted the line, it swang back but continued on and went off course. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advanced. Brett.

Note, I noticed the 530 there is a button down the botton says GPS working in Flight Sim mode, then

you can toggle it to say GPS working Reality Xp mode or something to this effect. Not sure whats thats about.

Hi Brett,

Check to see if there is an rxpgns.ini file in the panel folder (or aircraft folder)

for the C337. The rxp gns waas app is used to "install and customize" the unit in the airplane.

If not, add one to the panel folder with the following content:

[GNS530]

Popup=794

AutoPilotMode=2

Radios=1

LinkCdiKey=On

AutoApproach=Off

LinkVor=1

LcdStyle=Off

AutoWidth=500

AutoHeight=360

Trainer=

NoKeyClick=Off

GndSpdFromDeltaLatLon=Off

LinkGPS=On

[GTX327]

VFRCode=1200

[sETTINGS]

Dimmer=On

SimpleMouse=Off

Last, but not least, for the autopilot to follow the GPS course, the GNS CDI

must be set to GPS, and the autopilot to NAV.

ps. The Carenado autopilot has an irritating "feature" that the lateral mode (HDG or NAV)

gets disconnected when the vertical mode (ALT or Pitch) is changed... and you have to

reselect HDG or NAV each time. I've programmed an autopilot helper to do this for you,

if it bothers you enough..

Bert

Check to see if there is an rxpgns.ini file in the panel folder (or aircraft folder)

for the C337. The rxp gns waas app is used to "install and customize" the unit in the airplane.

I too recently purchased the C337 during the Carenado sale and used the Carenado installer and it works perfectly. Like Bert said, did you use the installer supplied by Carenado with the model? Or did you use the Reality XP application to add it to the model. Big difference.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi thanks for the help. I used the Reality XP installer. There was no GNS.ini file in there. ( I think I may have tried the Reality installer first befoer the Carenado). I put in your .ini file and it worked. Bert I see you made reference to the GTX327 in the .ini file. That I think comes with the 530 installation but it does not show up in my VC. Can it be put in or is it the only guage that can be replaced is the GNS530.

I also bought the Flightline T and N gauges, before I found out they could not be used with the Skymaster. Never mind. I also have the Carenado Piper Senaca and have managed to replace most gauges except for the ADF gauge which is on the far left below the clock. The odd thing is that when I click on it to bring up the pop-up then I get the Reality gauge. Just not sure what needs to be changed,I emailed Carenado and got a reply but was not very helpfull. The instructions that come with the gauges doesn't seem to cover every aircraft that one may have.

Once again thanks for your help

There is an RXP support forum at Simforums, where these kind of questions get answered on

a "user to user" basis. The popups are defined in the panel.cfg file. If the Carenado panel is set to

pop up a certain window, it will do so, regardless of whether you have replaced the gauge in that window

or not. The GNS package comes with a transponder and an audio panel. Read the service Manual,

Gauges Characteristics for details.

The FLT and FLN gauges are really nice, and I use them wherever I can, especially in the Bonanza.

Bert