Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Help needed with very, very strange problem...

OK, so here I was, starting my pre descent checks after about a two hour flight (including preps), when I hit the keyboard to change views and all of a sudden FSX minimised itself to the task bar! I could only get it back to fullscreen by going into the task manager and hitting maximise. When it did return to fullscreen half the textures were missing, both inside the NGX, externally and also some of the cloud textures. They never returned, even after waiting a minute! What I did do directly after the issue arose, was to save the flight, which loaded again without a hitch after restarting FSX. I have never experienced anything like this before and hope it was just a one off, but I'd be interested in some ideas, opinions and any help that may be offered... here you go guys...

YEM6.jpg

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

OK, so here I was, starting my pre descent checks after about a two hour flight (including preps), when I hit the keyboard to change views and all of a sudden FSX minimised itself to the task bar! I could only get it back to fullscreen by going into the task manager and hitting maximise. When it did return to fullscreen half the textures were missing, both inside the NGX, externally and also some of the cloud textures. They never returned, even after waiting a minute! What I did do directly after the issue arose, was to save the flight, which loaded again without a hitch after restarting FSX. I have never experienced anything like this before and hope it was just a one off, but I'd be interested in some ideas, opinions and any help that may be offered... here you go guys...

Howard,

When FSX went to your task bar did you try task switching using ALT + TAB keys? I have had this happen one or two times and have task switched back to FSX successfully.

As to why this happens I do not know. Must be the computer gremlins in the black box having a bad hair day!

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

When I saw the thread title my immediate reaction was 'Sudocrem!' Different problem, sorry. :blush:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Are you using bp=0? I know that if you starve the gpu memory you can gfx issues.

When I saw the thread title my immediate reaction was 'Sudocrem!' Different problem, sorry. :blush:

Hee hee, I covered that problem last week Ron, you must have missed it :rolleyes:

Are you using bp=0? I know that if you starve the gpu memory you can gfx issues.

Hi Al, I do, but not with the NGX. I use RejectThreshold=98304 (or similar)

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I have seen this issue too but usually the textures appear shortly after the fact. It never stays like that.

Looks to me like a typical tweaked fsx.cfg problem - they come in many different liveries and occur when the load gets too heavy for FSX to handle. This one had a new look for sure.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!