Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ohsirus

Important Message from PROSIM737

From their Forum:

Dear friends,

First of all I want to all wish you all good health and the very best for 2013! Many thanks to all of you from our team for helping us by purchasing our software, contributing to the community, providing your feedback, enjoying our software and spreading the word!

2012 has been a great and exciting year for us. Something that started five years ago from a personal interest, a demand for an alternative, proved to have developed into something appreciated by a broad public. I have to admit when we first started asking money for our work we were a little insecure, something we’re a bit less nowadays but we’ll sure remain keen on not tipping the balance to the other side.

I’m extremely excited about what is going to happen in 2013. Over the past weeks, while development progressed I’ve may be been a bit quiet but definitely very busy. Some of you may have noticed emails from me are sent rather late during the day but that will change. After a year and half of having two jobs and a part time study I have resigned my previous job as of the new year and will be fully focusing on what we’re doing here. At the same time we’ve hired Sander which makes a team of three full time ProSimmers.

Marty of course will remain in charge of software coding and functional behavior, Sander as a KLM certified pilot has an overlap with Marty and myself and will act on the crossroads of product development and commerce, I will remain in charge of commerce and managing our company. As of last month we also rented a beautiful new office which we’re really proud of 

I want to share a couple of changes and thoughts for the near future with you all. Not everything is detailed yet, neither in our heads but I want to give you an idea of where we’re going.

* Forum

After some serious doubts we have decided the forum should have our full attention. We have a lot of appreciation for everybody who’s helping each other there and at the same time we ourselves should be more active. I hate the fact some posts remain unanswered and that we don’t have an accurate grip on problems / wishes reported. As of now we should have more time to work on this and develop better tracking on issues.

* Company name

Until now our company name and product name have been the same but we will detach the two and by doing so create a better structure for the future. As of now the company name is changed into ProSim Aviation Research, the ProSim737 suite will remain in place but as a product of the company ProSim Aviation Research. For the future we see many opportunities for new products to be developed however this will not reduce our attention for ProSim737. Of course we’ll share more details with you as they become available.

* Website

As you might have noticed our current website is pretty outdated by means of looks and content. We will launch a new website soon taken the new structure into account.

* Pricing of non-commercial licenses

When we decided our software had reached a certain level we switched from the beta stage to version 1.00 and we first started paid ProSim737 licensing. Now, more than a year beyond that point in which we spent a huge amount of development hours we are implementing a significant non-commercial license price increase.

As of February 1st 2013 we will double the non-commercial license pricing. I don’t doubt the fact this is an unpopular measure but it’s fair from every side I approach it. Looking at our development hours, considering prices of the alternatives, looking at the added value for your simulator and it’s definitely still cheap considering the amount of money people spend on cockpit hardware I feel that the price increase is valid. On top of that we, as everybody else, have to pay our bills.

Today is January second, new prices will be effective as of February first. By announcing the raise a month in advance we want to give everybody who knows our product already the fair chance to obtain a license under current conditions. If you own a license already, please don’t complain but consider yourself lucky while we thank you for your early support.

* ProSim paid subscription

This is very preliminary but honest to mention. We are considering a paid ProSim subscription which includes product updates and possibly navigation data updates and functional aircraft instruction information. Bottom line, we cannot keep on delivering free product updates to all users for ever after a one time purchase. Therefore we’re considering a model of paid updates but we want to add value to this in a form of a ProSim subscription. That’s all I can say about it for now since we’ve not made any decisions yet. This will not be implemented before February 1st and we will definitely be reasonable, as always, when implementing these changes.

* Commercial focus

In the future we will have a an important focus on licensing to commercial clients. This, in our perspective, is a good thing for home cockpit builders as it assures future existence of our company as well as continued product development. This nevertheless implicates we will focus on development demands of commercial clients of which functionality will be implemented for non-commercial users, but also in development of functionality which will only be available for professional licensing such as control loading, motion platform interfacing and computer based training.

* Support

Our user support will become more efficient since it currently cannibalizes product development as every hour Marty spends on discussions he’s not writing code. Sander will play an important role here since he will take care of a large part of the functional support and will create some form of a knowledge base which will hopefully reduce the amount of emails. People, including myself, don’t read manuals but still we’re working on a new version which is currently 99% finished, it will be a new masterpiece!

The above mentioned might not make all of you happy. But before replying about moving to the dark side please consider two things: you will never lose what you have paid for in the past (in most cases you have more now than at that point) and if you think we should keep on developing we should have a reasonable income to be able to do so.

I would to thank some people in particular which is dangerous as I might be forgetting others, please don’t feel offended in case you think this applies to yourself. First of all Lapi, the creator of our Jetstream model who put uncountable hours into development and support in the forum, showing patience to a level where I would have slammed my monitor with the keyboard long before. JWS, his wife and Dvincent for their voluntary great support at the FS Weekend again. Ian, for his FS Weekend help, for his product feedback and for his inexhaustible support to many of our users. Scope, for his great graphics work, Willem for the upcoming new user manual release, Jaap for taking care of our server, the Norwegian guys and many many others: thanks!

I’m looking forward to the future, I hope to keep in touch with all of you and please don’t feel objected to share your thoughts.

Best regards, Hanne

http://prosim737.com....php?f=3&t=3743

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

As of February 1st 2013 we will double the non-commercial license pricing.

Interesting.

I was doubting between PM+NGX and this software, this definitely helps me to make a decision.

Interesting.

I was doubting between PM+NGX and this software, this definitely helps me to make a decision.

The NGX is not compatible with any cockpit suite to my knowledge.

Good on them, If some one can make a real go of a business in this day and age i wish them all the best.

What? Double the price without any improvements and no free updates? Is this a joke?

The NGX is not compatible with any cockpit suite to my knowledge.

That is simply not true.

What? Double the price without any improvements and no free updates? Is this a joke?

That is simply not true.

Give me an example.

http://www.flightsim...om/ocp4ngx.html

I know it is not a full cockpit, but hey this software is FREE. I only have the MCP + EFIS but its enough for me. Many people (including me) do not want to build a full cockpit anyway.

That's a hardware driver. No comparism. Those that spend the money for these Suites do want to build a some form of cockpit. For whatever reason or for whatever scale they desire.

That's a hardware driver. No comparism. Those that spend the money for these Suites do want to build a some form of cockpit. For whatever reason or for whatever scale they desire.

You said the NGX is not compatible with any cockpit hardware, and I showed you a driver that allows you to use the OC hardware with the NGX.

You said the NGX is not compatible with any cockpit hardware, and I showed you a driver that allows you to use the OC hardware with the NGX.

Lol I said cockpit suite. Suite meaning the normal PRoject Magenta types. The programs that simulate a 737 environment externally. One poster seemed to think PM would be compatible. Im aware that most hardware manufacturers have got it working to some degree.

Then I misunderstood you. Why would anybody want to use PM and NGX at the same time?

Then I misunderstood you. Why would anybody want to use PM and NGX at the same time?

Most just want to be able to display the DUs without undocking them. Maybe run them on separate PC.

Why would anybody want to use PM and NGX at the same time?

Because it allow you to balance the load by running the displays in networked machines.

I'm pretty sure PM and the NGX can work together, the question is how good.

I'll find it later, my cockpit is just in a preliminary stage.

Because it allow you to balance the load by running the displays in networked machines.

I'm pretty sure PM and the NGX can work together, the question is how good.

I'll find it later, my cockpit is just in a preliminary stage.

PM is a stand alone software suite, just like Prosim.

So? Prosim has its own flight model, PM does not, does it?

Prosim has it's own Flight Model yes.

From Project Magenta:

With the recent releases of two amazing new products several people are rightly asking about compatibility between that software and Project Magenta.

In the past add-ons with their own flight management and aircrafts simulations (which go well beyond the capabilities of FS) could easily be used with third party software by removing or replacing the panels, as those were the ones used for the additional features. This way cockpit builders were able to use the parts they wanted, i.e. the flight model and the outside view of their aircraft within FS, and the rest of the Project Magenta Software in their networked computers with their dedicated hardware. Typically these add-ons are used in a normal one-computer setuo.

Due to new copyright protection systems included in the fresh generations of some products, the flight model and 3D model of the aircraft is now interlinked with the rest of the add-on, which makes it difficult, if not illegal, to “break out” these parts from the rest of their product.

As Project Magenta we can’t make any efforts to break this protection, and we will have to see what alternative solutions can be offered by ourselves or others. Please check our forum for a more in-depth discussion about this.

Yup, now you can buy the whole package for ~800 euro (including tax). The jetstream model has increased in price as well.

Time to look at alternatives --

iFly, aerosoft australia, etc.