Sign in to follow this  
Xtremme

Can FSX handle 4 displays?

I'm just looking at different possibilities for my cockpit, one of them is to use an array of displays, 1 for outside view and 3 for instruments.

My questions are:

1- Can FSX handle it?

2- How hard the 3 extra screens will impact in my FPS?

Thanks in advance.

Well i run 3+1 monitors. 3x for the main display at 5760x1080 in WIndowed mode (ATI Eyefinity) and one mounted on top displaying moving map data and normally a film. :)

The higher resolution does impact on the performance the additional screen in my config makes no difference. In your configuration in would have a fairly significant impact on FPS.

FSX can handle it.

Ian R Tyldesley

FSX can "handle" it, but your processor and graphics card is the question. I run four displays, 3 for the virtual cockpit off an ATI Radeon 5830 (pretty good card, benchmarks still better than the ATI 7770), and a fourth display off a second 5830 just fpr instruments.

Google this topic and you'll find many posts about this with a lot more information.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hi and thanks,

I'm not worried about the hardware, just wanted to be sure there is no software limitations.