Sign in to follow this  
Fluglotvie

looking for Airways

Hi, first of all, Sorry for my bad english i`m from Austria. I`d like to fly wih my Boing 737-900 from Vienna to Rom Fiumicino. I´d like to start from runnway 29 and follow the SID Sun2c I`m looking for Airways they can bring me to Rom Fiumicino. Wich is the best one? and wich STAR should i take to Land on runnway 16 left ? Wich route do you fly most? and wich SID`s / STARS and Airways do you use? Where can Í looking for Airways are there any Websites? Pleas let me know about that. I`m not so professional on the FCM. Thank You for your Quick answer.

Welcome to the Avsim Forums!

The websites I use most often are:

Flightaware, it gives you live tracking routes and altitudes of realworld flights

http://flightaware.com/

RouteFinder. This site generates routes for you if you can't find them on flightaware

http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/

AirCharts. A wide array of charts from all over the world

http://aircharts.org/

FuelPlanner. Calculates fuel for the trip including reserves. If you're using the NGX, I'd add about 2000lbs to what this site calculates.

http://fuelplanner.com/

In your situation, I would first look on flightaware to see if any real world routes are posted. If that fails, head to aircharts to find charts for your origin and destination airports and chose appropriate SID and a STAR that will transistion onto your landing runway. Then use route finder to determine the inermediate airways and off you go!!

I hope this helps you get started.

Welcome to AVSIM!

Note: This thread would probably be more appropriate in another forum, such as the MS FSX Forum. The moderators will take care of this, so no worries.

As the previous user said, FlightAware (I have linked the route search page for your convenience) and RouteFinder are good resources. Please note, however, that the latter is an automated route generator, so some routes generated may not be realistic.

My personal preference for real-world routes is none other than the Real-World Flight Plan Database. You need a free subscription, but then have access to many real-world flight plans submitted by reliable contributors, and can even request flight plans. I have requested approximately seven flight plans, all of which have been fulfilled in a timely manner.

From a search on this web site, I find the following route (with waypoints and airways):

(LOWW) UMBIL UM725 GRZ UN737 RADLY UN737 BAXON UN737 BOL (LIRF)

Because the first waypoint in this route is UMBIL, I would probably use SID UMBIL 1C.

Because the last waypoint in this route is BOL, I would probably use STAR BOL 4B.

I use (payware) Navigraph nDAC charts, but you can find many free charts on Google.

My favorite routes currently involve a cycle I call the Central Europe Flight Cycle, which consists of flights from Vienna to Zurich, Zurich to Geneva, Geneva to London Gatwick, London Gatwick to Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf to Munich, and Munich to Vienna. When I am able to obtain more payware airports, I will likely expand this route network.

My personal preference for real-world routes is none other than the Real-World Flight Plan Database. You need a free subscription, but you have access to many real-world flight plans submitted by reliable contributors, and can even request flight plans.

Sweet resource, not even I knew about it, thanks for the heads up!

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Help Using the AVSIM Forums" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.

Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.