Sign in to follow this  
starling

Help installing V35B patch

Just being cautious here....

I've downloaded Bernt Stolle's patch from the Carendo Support page. As you'd expect the zip file unpacks to two separate folders - one for the regular aircraft and one for the tip tank version. Each mod folder contains an aircraft.cfg file (to replace the original) and an air file (called V35_ng.air). My question is:

Should I remove the original air file (called Carenado_V35.air) or leave both air files in the V35's airplane folder?

FYI, my reason for wanting to install the patch is in the hope that it will address the aircrafts rather agressive/difficult handling on landing. I've not read any reviews on this particular mod - just heard about Bernt Stolle's excellent reputation for mods of this type. Would be interested in hearing views on how the mod performs.

Thanks,

Bruce

Now understand the file relationships so mod installed and all up and working.

Bruce

So what was the answer? Just bought the V35 and looking at the upgrade too.

appreaciate your help on that.

Foxtrot

Hi Foxtrot1,

Well this is my understanding and it works for me (of course any mods you make are obviously at your own risk :rolleyes: ):

FSX only requires/uses one .air file per aircraft so first off I renamed the original Carenado .air file to Carenado_V35_original.air and then copied Bernt Stolle's .air file (V35_ng.air) into the V35 aircraft folder. Bernt's modified aircraft.cfg file "looks for" a sim called V35_ng so the .air file must have the right name.

I strongly recommend that you copy the complete aircraft folder to a backup location before you do anything so that you can easily recover to the unmodified aircraft if you don't get on with Bernt's modification.

I'd be interested to hear what you think of the mods.

Bruce

***I meant of course - copy/backup the Carenado Bonanza V35B aircraft folder before making any changes (it only takes a few seconds).

Bruce