Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlinkNFG

How to set up the monitors for a home cockpit

Hi all,

I have been simming now for a few years and have slowly been enhancing my experience by buying rudder pedals, a yoke and various Saitek Pro Flight panels. I also have 3 monitors via a DIgital Triple Head 2 Go.

I normally fly usign the virtual cockpit view. However I have noticed that my panels etc on the desk often make this view reduntant (as I look at the instruments on my desk not those on the screen) and I wonder if using the mointors to just show the outside would be better.

However I have no idea how to go about setting this up. Which of the following should I do?

- just use the cockpit view and hide the instruments by pressing 'w'. I have found this gives a very 'narrow' view and lacks the sense of peripehal vision I normally get from the VC view across 3 monitors.

- use the virtual cockput view but comment out the panels etc by editing the model.cfg file

- use three separate cockpit views (one for each monitor). If so how do I set these up so they align?

Many thanks for your help

Jon

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No problem - I found a useful tool called Windowmaker that sets up and syncs cockpit views across multiple monitors.

Jon

Thanks. for the ops issue, couldnt they just create a new view in FSX and stretch it across 3 monitors ala eyeinfinity?