Sign in to follow this  
haztronic

Tony Grant's Videos

Hello everybody,

I have been watching fsx videos on youtube and came across Tony Grant's channel. He has amazing videos up and his FSX just runs so smoothly in every video and I have been wondering how it runs this smooth. His frame rates seem to be amazing also. I can't seem to find his system specs tho. I run my system at 4.5ghz and with a gtx580 but my rig doesn't run that well.

Does anybody have any information on this?

Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_EDE9ZVpf0&list=UUxBwCIwII9hehAOd5vxcZUA&index=3

I just performed a search on Tony Grant here at AVSIM and I am surprised that there haven't been more comments.

I have watched his vids and he says on his FB page that he uses ENB Series Shader mod. He may not be willing to share his settings as he doesn't want anyone else to produce the type of vids that he is currently uploading. I do not suspect that he is using any post processing although the smoothness me be coming from a slightly elevated playback setting and it appears that it seems smoother due to an application like EZ CAM which produces head shaking where you do not see as many short stutters in FSX.

From what I have seen it looks as though his bloom settings are slightly elevated and from some of the shadowing I suspect he is using DX10 preview but that is all I can see for now.

It would be great if he would post his settings somewhere. Be sure to check Tony's vids out they are quite good.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxBwCIwII9hehAOd5vxcZUA

\Robert Hamlich/

A lot of those very smooth FSX video's have been recorded at half (or less) speed and speeded up during editing, hence doubling the fps. This way FSX that actually runs at 15 fps will seem to run at 30 fps.

Awesome stuff for sure.  From a youtube video, he posted the following:

"PC Specs:
Manufacturer:Alienware
Bace:Alienware Aurora
Memory:6GB 2000MHz Tri
Hard Drive:500GB ATA 7200RPM
Graphics:GTX 680
Processor:Intel i7 920@4.5GHz

Addons Used in this video:

FSX
Carenado TBM 850 HD
Aerosoft Kastellorizo X