Sign in to follow this  
xavio

Localizer doesn't work like I supposed

Hi there, and thank you for the help and the work that a lot of people make to solve problem and enhance the pleasure of flying this beautiful plane.

I have a question about the right working of the LOC (ILS) in the PFD: I set the NAV1 frequency in the GPS pointing to an ILS, set the GPS CDI to NAV, set the PFD to NAV1, then I click to cursor in PFD, click the knob in the hidden point to center the arrow and... it lines up to the flight direction, like the HDG bug, or, sometimes, it lines up to the right bearing, but it doesn't move anymore, even if the rose turns while making a turn.

In others words, it's unusable to find the right bearing to the airport! So, I know that the garmin 1000 has this function, clicking on the cursor knob the arrow lines up to the ILS direction and continues to update its position until we arrive in final. Am I the only one with this issue?

Thank you all for reading this boring list of clicks...

Not entirely sure what you are expecting, but the course arrow on the PFD can be turned by using the Course knob.. it does not turn by itself. In GPS mode, it does point to the next waypoint, however.

For an ILS approach, I would select the approach in the GPS (PROC, select approach) and fly the approach first in GPS mode until lined up for final, and only then, switch to LOC mode to intercept the glideslope.

Bert

Thank you Bert for your reply! I was sure that the arrow should move by itself, not manually...

After lined up for final, if I switch to the LOC mode the green arrow does not point to the ILS, so, the only chance I have to line up to the ILS is manually turn the knob to the right runway number, isn't it?

Correct, and if you are flying on autopilot, you select APR mode on the autopilot and it will

fly the final, including glideslope.

Bert