Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Here's an aircraft you don't see often -- the LongEZ

Alphasim's LongEZ over the suburban sprawl of Phoenix and outlying desert.

Enjoy!

John

001-17_zps1a32b72e.jpg

002-17_zpsfa43c988.jpg

003-17_zps4e59c8f0.jpg

004-17_zps526a143b.jpg

005-17_zps8d0536cd.jpg

006-17_zpsb94843b7.jpg

007-14_zpsf8fc2e9c.jpg

008-13_zps24074b85.jpg

Nice composition in the first image. The repaint is nicely colored and the terrain is interesting and realistic.

This aircraft reminds me of a Photoshop-ed image of a B-17, in which the stabilizers and wings were switched, that I saw in one of those Weird Planes videos on YouTube.

Nice composition in the first image. The repaint is nicely colored and the terrain is interesting and realistic.

This aircraft reminds me of a Photoshop-ed image of a B-17, in which the stabilizers and wings were switched, that I saw in one of those Weird Planes videos on YouTube.

Thanks,

I've only seen one LongEZ, at the Copper State airshow in Arizona. It's a fun aircraft to fly in the sim. Due to the canard you have a reference point from which you can judge your bank angle without looking at the instruments. My favorite piston Canard aircraft is the Velocity, a four place experimental aircraft. I've emailed Lionheart Creations in the hopes they might model it someday. They seem the best commercial vendor for such an effort given their past projects like the Epic LT. We'll see.

I had forgotten that I bought Alphasim's LongEZ until it popped up while I was browsing aircraft the other day, so I took it out for a spin. They did a great job with it.

I do like your #3 shot, it's such a quirky looking aircraft.

Big step for ALPHA at the time, the VC was the feature of the model, great dials.

Difficult to land too as I recall, there was a patch for it.

I think it just has a skid in front?? Really not sure. What a fun airplane and great shots.

Your definately right about that. You don't see this plane very often. Very nice shots.

Love those USAF Thunderbird Colors! Great Shots!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Lovely pictures. Strange how when it first rains, it pours. By coincidence, here's someone else who recently uploaded something on the Long-EZ:

What the... does it have a retractable nose wheel or something?

The excellent clip above answers the question, yes it does... when you park it, you retract the nosewheel so the nose sits on the ground.

Makes it easier to get in and out!

An amazing aircraft, like many Rutan concepts; lightyears ahead of its time, and still futuristic looking.