Sign in to follow this  
19AB67

Destination and Flight Level from FSX flight plan?

Hi Stephen,

-----8<-----

Posted: Today at 3:41pm

OpusFSX Beta Version 2.80.7 is now available for download on our website.

Remember when installing the OpusFSX_v280_Beta.msi file you must uninstall your current version before installing the new version (do not delete your previous \OpusFSX installation folder). After installing please check the settings in your Configure and Weather dialogues.

After installing please check all the settings in your Configure and Weather dialogues. You can download it fromhttp://www.opussoftw...i/downloads.htm

In this beta I have included further improvements to the Live View server and client side handling. Improved the processing of the user specified destination and alternate sites. All waether updates are now suspended when the sim is paused. Default for the Forced Recovery Altitude increased to 12000 feet to ensure recovery normally before getting to within the simulator's ATC/ATIS range.

-----8<-----

Would it be possible, that OPUS simply read out the destination and the planned flight level from the actual flight plan in FSX?

Actually this would be much more convenient instead of working in the different windows.

Only the alternates could be added if wanted.

Thanx in advance.

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

Hi Andreas

We are investigating this at the moment but for certain aircraft sims, like NGX, this would not be possible since we can't read the FMC. I will keep you informed.

Regards

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

thanks for the info.

However, I meant the FSX flight plan, not the FMC flight plan.

In order to the ATC working in FSX, we have to put the flight plan into FSX, too.

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

Hi Andreas

I didn't explain very clearly, but I did mean we were investigating the FSX flight plan option, I just thought I should point out that if you used the FMC only then it wouldn't be much use, but I suppose most people would do as you and enter the flight plan in FSX too. I have found some SimConnect functions so we will see if the extra software development will be worthwhile.

Cheers

Cheryl :smile:

I would be keen on a convenient function such as this too. Can it just be an option so that FSX flight planners can have this function in use and FMC only users (eg NGX) would have to enter manually? :smile:

Kind Regards

Simon.