Sign in to follow this  
JaneRachel

PC Pilot, PMDG, ORBX Sponsored Special Event 18-20 Jan

Gang,

As many of you will remember the team at PC Pilot have been working towards creating a sponsored event in aid of Tony Radmilovich, to help repair his spine so he can walk again. The link to the intial thread at AVSIM is here.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/387354-tony-radmilovich-an-appeal-for-help/

I am delighted to say that in association with PC Pilot Magazine and our official sponsors PMDG, ORBX, Addictive Simulations, Buffalo Virtual Airways and United Virtual, the very kind (and appreciated!) support of the AVSIM team and many others we can now announce that a special series of flights will now be flown on VATSIM, starting 23.59GMT 18.59EST on the 18th Jan (next Friday). Pilots are invited to fly a tour of Canada and the USA on VATSIM, joining with PC Pilot writers and others from within the flight simulation hobby. The full itinerary will follow shortly over the next day or so.

Not only that, the entire event will be broadcast using live streaming to Youtube and other broadcast sites who are helping us provide live cockpit video. In addition to cockpit video Peter Wright will be providing a realtime commentary and also interviewing many flight sim developers and simmers, in what we hope will prove to be an entertaining weekend. There will also be a series of competitions and prizes as part of the broadcasted events. This is destined to be one of the most exciting FS events in some time!

How can you get involved?

1) Donations to Tony's appeal are more than welcome. Please see the links above and links we will be posted during the event and advertising during the live video feed commentaries.

2) Feel free to fly with us as a group flight on any of the post legs of the journey. The more people we have fly with us the better. Everyone of you is welcome to join us and have some fun for a really good cause.

Competitions

We will be running competitions during the live videocast, offering prizes from our sponsors, so come along and have some fun and win everything from the AVSIM Bravo Zulu 2012 awarded Addictive Pitts Special to the latest ORBX sceneries and much more!

I run a VA can I get involved?

Yes, VA's are invited to contribute by taking "ownership" of various legs for group flights with their pilots. For instance, Buffalo Virtual are kindly sponsoring the flights across Canada and will be flying these legs online in realtime with their pilots and aircraft. United Virtual are sponsoring some of the US city routes and will be flying those legs with their pilots too. If you are a VA and want to be involved with your members, contact us here.

I am a developer / publisher can I get involved?

You certainly can. You are more than welcome to get involved any way you see fit, from flying with us to competition prizes to being interviewed live during the videocast to discuss your latest products. Contact me here in the forum or via PM, or my PC Pilot email. However you can help will be incredibly appreciated. Thank you already to PMDG for their offer of being an official supporter and sponsor of this event. More sponsors and supporters are more than welcome!

Can I publicise this for you?

Yes please do! Wherever and however you can. A huge thanks goes out to AVSIM for their incredible support for this good cause. Thank you Tom, Robert and team! If you can publicise this anywhere, please help us out!

Will you be flying Jane?

Yes myself and an entire squad of PC Pilot writers will be taking to the air and we will be happy to meet you in the chatroom we are creating for the event to shoot the breeze! Of course, I got to pick the short straw with the graveyard shift over Alaska, but I will be back flying during daylight hours too (sleep who needs it!)

The event will continue across the entire weekend, with each pilot handing the baton over to the next pilot at each destination in the USA and Canada. Those of you joining us freel free to fly an aircraft of your choice. The PC Pilot team will be flying the PMDG 737 NGX. Thanks again to Robert Randazzo and PMDG for their official support!

Let's get together and have an awful lot of fun. More importantly, let us help Tony overcome his severe health issues by providing him with the care that he needs! Any questions, please feel free to ask! Everyone is welcome to fly and get involved. Let's make this a special weekend!

The flight plan and timings will be posted here shortly,

see you in the skies

Jane Whittaker

- Jane Whittaker

Most Excellent. Thanks Jane.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I am very pleased to announce that Just Flight have this morning become one of the official sponsors of this event and helping however they can, including prizes over the weekend.

Thank you to everyone at Just Flight for their very kind support!

- Jane Whittaker

looking forward to the published legs, I will be there! :)

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

Reposting this at my flying clubs forum...we will be there over the weekend!

Looking forward to the legs and good flights with good people!

I can now also, with great thanks, confirm the participation of Flight 1, who are also offering generous prizes for the weekend. Ten donators picked at random, by an independent third party, will be rewarded with the choice of ANY product of their choice from the Flight 1 store!

- Jane Whittaker

As promised here is the flight plan. If any of you or your organisation would like to fly a leg please let us know and we can update who is flying and when. It is fine for more than one person or group to fly the same leg. We just want to get a grip on numbers. The first flight gets away on Friday night UK time 23.59, 18.59 US Eastern TIme. All times below are in GMT, so please adjust to your timezone (-5 for EST, -8 for US West coast etc)

23.59 to 02:30

Ketchikan (PAKT) - YellowKnife *CYZF)

PAKT OMLOK YQH J521 YFS CYZF

02:30 to 05:00

Yellowknife (CYZF) to Red Deer to Spokane -

(flight planning by Buffalo)

05:00 to 06:15

Spokane KGEG - Boise KBOI

KGEG BEAMO J20 DNJ KBOI

06:15 to 09:15

Boise KBOI - Minneapolis KMSP

KBOI PIH DDY J107 DPR FAR.GEP5 KMSP

09:15 - 10:45

Minneapolis KMSP - Chicago KORD

KMSP COULT4.DLL JVL.BULLZ3 KORD

10:45 - 13:15

Chicago KORD - Bangor KBGR

KORD KUBBS J94 PMM J70 JHW J82 ALB J49 FRIAR KBGR

13:15 - 14:45

Bangor KBGR - New York KJFK

KBGR BGR J581 ENE.PARCH1 KJFK

14:45 - 15:45

New York KJFK - Ronald Reagan Washington KDCA KJFK JOANI J79 VILLS BAL KDCA

15:45 - 16:45

Ronald Reagan Washington KDCA - Raleigh Durham KRDU KDCA QBEES J51 FAK J51 CREWE HAKOK KRDU

16:45 - 18:00

Raleigh Durham KRDU - Atlanta KATL

KRDU PACK6.AZELL SPA.FLCON8 KATL

18:00 - 19:30

Atlanta KATL - Orlando KMCO

KATL BRAVS7.WALET IFM EMPEE.BUGGZ2 KMCO

19:30 - 21:00

Orlando KCMO - George Bush Houston KIAH

KATL BRAVS7.WALET IFM EMPEE.BUGGZ2 KMCO

21:00 - 23:30

Houston KIAH - Topeka KTOP

KIAH IAH J33 TANBE J87 TUL J25 DOSOA KTOP

23:30 - 01:30

Topeka KTOP - Denver KDEN

KTOP LNK GRI HSI.KOHOE1 KDEN

01:30 - 03:00

Denver KDEN - Salt Lake City KSLC

KDEN ROCKI8.EKR J199 HELPR.LEEHY3 KSLC

03:00 - 04:30

Salt Lake City KSLC - Las Vegas KLAS

KSLC WEVIC2.NORRA KLAS

04:30 - -5:30

Las Vegas KLAS - Los Angeles KLAX

KLAS BOACH5.HEC GRAMM.RIIVR2 KLAX

05:30 - 07:00

Los Angeles KLAX - San Francisco KSFO

KLAX CASTA2.AVE J6 ROBIE J88 SNS KSFO

07:00 - 08:45

San Francisco KSFO - Tony Radmilovich International KPDX KSFO CUIT4.RBL FJS OED.MOXEE6 KPDX

- Jane Whittaker

You want people to post here if they are wanting to join?

If so am hoping to do:

A2A - P51D Civilian

Just need to get some Vatsim practice in before Saturday and fly the route a few times.

You want people to post here if they are wanting to join?

If so am hoping to do:

A2A - P51D Civilian

Just need to get some Vatsim practice in before Saturday and fly the route a few times.

sure, go ahead and let us know here so we can gauge numbers. Thanks for joining us, I appreciate it! I will be flying the P51 civilian at some point over the weekend too!

- Jane Whittaker

A great idea! I hope to join you for the legs between Bangor and Atlanta, and will also try to continue on to Salt Lake.

I'm on UK time and won't be around too late, but I am really looking forward to taking part!

I am going to join you from JFK onward and get as far as I can. Also going to post this in my VA's (phoenixva.org) forum.

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

I will have to check tonight, but all of these fields are capable of B-738 landing and takeoff right? :) I saw that is the "official" flying bird, I wanna make sure i can make it in there as well, otherwise may have to pull out my Mustang private jet. :)

Will be using "AVSIM4" as my callsign. :)

John Binner, MCDST

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

I will have to check tonight, but all of these fields are capable of B-738 landing and takeoff right? :) I saw that is the "official" flying bird, I wanna make sure i can make it in there as well, otherwise may have to pull out my Mustang private jet. :)

Will be using "AVSIM4" as my callsign. :)

Hey John, yep they are all large airports. They were deliberately chosen as such so people can fly whatever they want from a 747 to a Cessna. The PC Pilot team will be making heavy use of the PMDG NGX.

- Jane Whittaker

I will try to join as many legs as I can. :) Time to prep tonight! LOL

P.S....I am going to try and get Mike Collier to do B-738 dispatches for me. :) I can post the files when i receive them if anyone is interested, check here later! :) he is a real-world dispatcher for USAir for those that don't know him, and uses a "beta" program we will be using for MidCon Airlines when we come back online later this year. :) I'll post the releases later if he can do them all for me.

John Binner, MCDST