Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Multi Crew Experience questions

Awesome piece of software! Whole new level of realism.

I have two questions though, since I don't know that good ATC communications (using default FSX IFR), and I saw an option that co=ilot can handle ATC comms when you are busy? How? I guess there is a phrase for that? As I said, before I learn ATC phrases and stuff, how can I tell the co-pilot to request IFR clearance, taxi/pushback... and so on? Is there a way?

Until I learn ATC, I wll be satisfied only with cockpit commands to co-pilot. :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

The shortest, easiest and to the point is : "Your ATC", and when you want to take over, say: "My ATC". If you want to be more elaborate: "Take care of ATC" or "Handle ATC please". You will find more in the manuals...

I havn't used MCE in a few months but....

like most of the MCE commands they are pretty darn close to what you would say in real life so try...

" you have the radios "

" you have the comms"

...plus there is a full list of Commands in the docs if you really get stuck

cheers

Thanks!

Didn't find that info in manuals, maybe I'm blind. :)

Oh yes, I changed a microphone today, using a headset now. Noticed that MCE is barely recognising my commands now. Apparently I must go through the wizard all over again? First microphone I used until today has a way better recording quality cause it's a desktop studio version, that's why MCE is struggling with recognising I guess, different voice tone or something? Any suggestions? Do I must to go through THE WHOLE wizard again, including that LONG reading (speech learning)?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Thanks!

Didn't find that info in manuals, maybe I'm blind. :)

Oh yes, I changed a microphone today, using a headset now. Noticed that MCE is barely recognising my commands now. Apparently I must go through the wizard all over again? First microphone I used until today has a way better recording quality cause it's a desktop studio version, that's why MCE is struggling with recognising I guess, different voice tone or something? Any suggestions? Do I must to go through THE WHOLE wizard again, including that LONG reading (speech learning)?

Hi,

In general, a speech profile is a collection of a voice, a particular headset and specific ambient noise conditions.

Change any of these, and the profile becomes useless. So, yes, having switched headset, you actually need to create a brand new speech profile, make it active and train it from scratch.

Instead of going through the training available via the wizard, suggest you rather use the dedicated speech training tool. Even Windows doesn't come with one.

Click Start-All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Speech training.

Start with the <ATC phraseology> topic. It will teach you something about ATC while helping your computer understand your pronunciation of NATO alphabet as well as airline names and numbers. That particular topic along with another one from the list should be enough to get you started.

What other members have suggested above is the way to hand over ATC to FO.

Just need to be aware of the subtle difference there is when you are on ground versus airborne.

When airborne FO will automatically...

Tune the next frequency

Call controller

Acknowledge instructions. You better listen too, because FO will want you to confirm altitude or heading

Wave good bye to previous controller

Tune next frequency

Make next call

etc..

etc..

On ground it's a bit different.

We don't want the FO to impose his workflow on you, therefore he will only make a specific request when you are ready for it, and explicitly tell him to ask for it.

Examples:

Ask for taxi clearance please

Request permission to taxi

Get taxi clearance

Obtain taxi clearance

Ask for takeoff clearance

Obtain takeoff clearance

etc...

In general FO handles replies automatically, however under very heavy traffic conditions he may struggle to get his message through. Eventually after 3 attempts he will give up. You then need to remind him to acknowledge ATC, or take over the radio yourself (it does happen in the real world too).

Reply to ATC please

Acknowledge ATC clearance.

Hope this helps

Amazing stuff. Thanks.

Now, I must learn a proper way to coordinate with co-pilot. What is my job, and what is co-pilot's job (like handing lanidng gears, flaps, lights...).

cheers!

EDIT:

oh yes I almost forgot, is there a way to speed up knob turning by co-pilot? He is so slow at changing AP heading & speed.

Dont forget the MCE CO only handles FSX ATC not any add-ons.

??? What do you mean by "not any add-ons"?

I'm using default fsx atc ofcourse with mce. And I had a nightmare with it last night, complete mess of a flight that was. :D

Anyway I'm learning as I fly with Trev :), next time I will handle the radios, just in case.

The biggest problem I have is when I sneeze or cough, the copilot understand that as a command, pretty annoying. Also my wife tends to nap in the living room where my pc is, and her snoring doesn't help at all! :D

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

The biggest problem I have is when I sneeze or cough, the copilot understand that as a command, pretty annoying. Also my wife tends to nap in the living room where my pc is, and her snoring doesn't help at all! :D

Hah well when you are not giving commands there's some button that allows you to stop Multicrew from listening your mic, I always have it enabled for cruise and most of climb & descend when I don't really need help of my copilot.

??? What do you mean by "not any add-ons"?

I mean ATc add-ons such as radar Contact.

Ah, ok thanks, I don't use atc so didn't quite know what you meant.

Which atc programs does it work with? I know FSX atc, and RC4, any others?

I just downloaded MCE trial.  After install, I ran voice recognition with no problem.  But when I start MCE, I get message that trial period is over.  I just downloaded last night.  Re-installed as well.  Same prob.   HELP!!   Thanks  S. Sumner

Steve Sumner