Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

X-PAX - to be or not to be?

Does anyone has this passenger addon? Impressions?

Features sounds promising though, I'm interested.

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I like it. My only issue is the sensitivities (which can be turned up or down). If flying a PMDG737 for instance with the fmc controlling the flight, sometimes, the fmc will adjust the descent and suddenly send the flight down over 2000 fpm and the passengers will begin to scream and you'll get a bad rating as a pilot. I found that controlling the descent with VNAV turned off is the best. It can be tweaked though. Pretty neat watching the passengers boarding/deboarding and waiting in the terminal for the flight to depart. Adds a bit more realism.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yeah, I guess that sensitivity slider is a big plus over FSpassengers. In FSP you can land @ 200-300fpm and you will get solid landing rating. My landings are always in 50-150 range, so I need more sensitive landin ratings, in FSP it is always a "kiss".

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

This addon sounds really neat. Does it work well with Air Hauler or FSPassengers?

This addon sounds really neat. Does it work well with Air Hauler or FSPassengers?

+1

This sounds pretty much like FSPassengersX. Is it essentially the same, better, or worse for those folks who've tried both?

Which leads me to my next post...a poll on this!

Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

This program came out before FS Passengers was even thought about. It was soon after release of FSX. It is made by the HiFi Team (AS2012/ASE etc.). It does not cost much and definitely worth checking out. Just make sure you read the manual about the settings or else you are going to get a bad report from FAA at the end of your flight. I mean, those guys at the FAA cut you absolutely no slack! Flying in heavy weather can really mess up your points with the FAA!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi

not knocking any of these,i've owned both fspassengers(support stopped)

and X pax(very good support team)but...for my money Fscaptain is the best.

very good sounds,.plus specially made interfaces for the Airbus Xtended and the Pmdg Ngx.

also A1 support team who actually listen and implement what you want .

steve

I don't want to hijack the thread...so...(cough) FSCaptain! ^_^

Ian R Tyldesley

Yeah yeah, I know that FScaptain is better flying wise, but I didn't liked the system and interface, and most of all no company managament, so I'll pass for now.

So where is the cheapest place to buy this program? Best I see is from HiFi itself for $12. Don't see many online stores carrying this product.