Sign in to follow this  
GimbleRates

A big thanks and a handful on ideas

Great job on this simulator. Thank you for your continued support and most importantly, keeping a open ear to the community. I urge you guys to stay the current course. This could very well be "The one" us flight simmers are looking for on a mobile device.

Avsim is my main flight-sim community portal, I do not use Facebook and as such, have not seen the ideas of other users so I apologies ahead of time if these ideas are repeats.

As much as I would love to have "Fsx-in-a-box", it's just not possible with the hardware limitations of mobile devices, this does not mean we can't get it as close as possible to actual flight simulation though.

my "Simple" ideas: ( I have zero experience in IOS coding, so simple is going to be a subjective term here.)

1. Change, or let us change the color of the HUD. I think this one is important, there are many times where the background contrast is just too bright as opposed to the HUD color. This prevents from crucial information on the HUD from being seen.

2. Have the option to have the ATC chatter play in external view.

3. A light switch toggle, yes the screen is already nicely packed with push buttons, and we don't have unlimited screen real-estate in mobile devices, although, maybe a "misc" button to expand into things such as lights, spoiler arm, etc. Maybe putting camera controls into one expanding button, and clearing up the rest of the screen for more aircraft functions might be a option too.

4. A live ATC.net stream for the current region you're in. (Not per each airport, as that would require to much stream switching...I think)

5. A stop button-It would be great to have the whole simulation stop while still being able to manipulate the aircraft controls and take some screenshots. Think of a slew mode, just without the slew functions.

6. The ability to add custom waypoints on the map by tapping. Let's say I want to set up a nice tour of Wisconsin, it would be great to be able to add custom waypoints, instead of having to rely on the airports in the area.

Other Ideas:

Us flight simmers sure are a odd bunch, we love complexity, but we love complexity rolled into simplicity even more.

With that said, it's been proven we can now have a base foundation for a flight simulator on mobile devices, I strongly feel what's going to make or break simulations of this type is moving away from the "Push the throttle forward and go" model. How is that done? Well, that's up to you guys, but I would love to offer some suggestions. :)

1. Weather themes! No, I'm not talking about precipitation or clouds, but that would be fantastic too! For example, on the weather screen, I would get pre-set slider selections. If I selected "Foggy and windy" it would adjust the sliders accordingly.

The big idea:

I would love, at least the illusion, of a flight from point A to point B. This is somewhat in place as I can fly and land at many airports within 100nm or so. How much I would love to be able to take my 767 up to cruise altitude while en-route to a airport.

I have no idea how that would happen, but I do have some suggestions.

A "void" zone if you will. I understand the sim can render only a certain amount of terrain at a time, so for example, you exit KOSH to the west at FL390 When reaching the end of this region, instead of the simulation putting your throttle back to zero you are "teleported" into a new region. the "Cruise region". This is only modeled from lets say FL250-FL490. At that point, you can open your map and see the connecting "exit" paths you can take, if I continue west, I would come out in the KSFO region.

To me, this would add a HUGE new element to my flight, I would be able to Take off, climb, cruise, descend, approach, and land. That A380 would have a reason to come out of the hanger and I would even have the option of doing a little pseudo planning!

Sorry for the messy reply... Avsim forums limit the amount of quotes you can do in a message... Odd limitation.

Great job on this simulator. Thank you for your continued support and most importantly, keeping a open ear to the community. I urge you guys to stay the current course. This could very well be "The one" us flight simmers are looking for on a mobile device.

Thanks! Glad you like Infinite Flight :) We have no plans to change course at all, we're here to stay ;)

>> 1. Change, or let us change the color of the HUD. I think this one is important, there are many times where the background contrast is just too bright as opposed to the HUD color. This prevents from crucial information on the HUD from being seen.

We've made things better in our upcoming update, the texts now have a shadow behind, and the altimeter and airspeed indicator have a background color that varies with the current visibility. The heading indicator also has a background and we've changed the ILS line colors.

>> 2. Have the option to have the ATC chatter play in external view.

Interesting suggestion.

>> 3. A light switch toggle, yes the screen is already nicely packed with push buttons, and we don't have unlimited screen real-estate in mobile devices, although, maybe a "misc" button to expand into things such as lights, spoiler arm, etc. Maybe putting camera controls into one expanding button, and clearing up the rest of the screen for more aircraft functions might be a option too.

We're working on prototypes for new UI. The difficulty is in managing all the different displays and resolutions.

>> 4. A live ATC.net stream for the current region you're in. (Not per each airport, as that would require to much stream switching...I think)

We've talked with LiveATC, they don't want us to stream directly from them. They are fine if we host recordings on our site and stream from there but this will cost us some bandwidth.

>> 5. A stop button-It would be great to have the whole simulation stop while still being able to manipulate the aircraft controls and take some screenshots. Think of a slew mode, just without the slew functions.

Great idea.

>> 6. The ability to add custom waypoints on the map by tapping. Let's say I want to set up a nice tour of Wisconsin, it would be great to be able to add custom waypoints, instead of having to rely on the airports in the area.

I'm going to work on the flight planning, navigation page soon. I don't like it as it is now. It's been this way for almost 2 years now. Adding custom waypoints will definitely be something I'll look into.

>> Us flight simmers sure are a odd bunch, we love complexity, but we love complexity rolled into simplicity even more.

We're also one of you guys ;-)

Heavy FS user since FS4 and also enjoyed a lot Flight Unlimited 2&3.

>> 1. Weather themes! No, I'm not talking about precipitation or clouds, but that would be fantastic too! For example, on the weather screen, I would get pre-set slider selections. If I selected "Foggy and windy" it would adjust the sliders accordingly.

Great idea!

>> I would love, at least the illusion, of a flight from point A to point B. This is somewhat in place as I can fly and land at many airports within 100nm or so. How much I would love to be able to take my 767 up to cruise altitude while en-route to a airport.

This is a medium term goal, we want to be able to simulate the entire earth. Regions are a limitation of the current system, we'll change it.

>> A "void" zone if you will. I understand the sim can render only a certain amount of terrain at a time, so for example, you exit KOSH to the west at FL390 ..

We'd love to have that, but we'd rather find a way to render things in the middle instead of teleporting. Half the fun for me is in letting the plane on AP in NAV mode and coming back an hour later for the approach :)

We think having some sort of generated terrain in the void areas would be feasible but we need to update our terrain system before this can be done.

Thanks again for the great feedback, make sure you visit our feedback page though, there are probably a few of those that have been suggested already.

http://feedback.flyingdevstudio.com

Regards,

Matt

Half the fun for me is in letting the plane on AP in NAV mode and coming back an hour later for the approach :)

Same thing here!

I've updated to the latest version and I've noticed that when I turn to intercept the localizer the crosshairs don't move. They just stay perfectly aligned. It would be nice if we could set the ils radio and be able to actually follow it. I think it will make the sim more realistic and way better to play.

Also it would be nice if in all the aircraft that have vc the gauges actually work like the nav screen and the PDF panel.

Thanks