Sign in to follow this  
captain420

I'm an ex X-Plane 10 convert

stock for stock xp-10 is a better looking and better sim overall.. BUT FSX has many years of not being updated so it's stable for development and it has the largest following so it has the best add-on's

Personally I prefer X-plane 10 and I can't wait for planes such as the IXEG 737 and PMDG's port over plane

:lol: by the way does FSX have a police car chasing cars on the freeway :lol: just that alone is worth $70

PMDG will announce their xp10 project this year, they mentioned this many times, but honestlty I don't care because JRollon, Ramzzess, and some other xp10 devs are releasing awesome payware identical to pmdg and captain sim quality.

I disagree with you a bit there. X-plane planes are not at the level of top FSX payware yet. maybe captian sim level but Not PMDG or flightsim labs level and certainly nothing like the majestic q400

But from the looks of it that will change with the IXEG 737

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

It's also a reason for the "FSX flies on rails" statements....................just because FSX isn't constantly wanting to roll to the left, and the fact that FSX is using calmer weather conditions by default.

Could not agree more. Using the right amount of tubulence in different layer FSX change this perception. I had the chance to fly a real C172 in calm weather with no turbulence and it was actually feeling like on rails. You can reproduce this in X-Plane with no turbulence and you have this same effect of rails feeling, btw.

The thing that is missing about turbulence in BOTH sims is the lack of randomness of turbulence and amplitube of them: you DO have it all or you DON'T it have at all.

Could not agree more. Using the right amount of tubulence in different layer FSX change this perception. I had the chance to fly a real C172 in calm weather with no turbulence and it was actually feeling like on rails. You can reproduce this in X-Plane with no turbulence and you have this same effect of rails feeling, btw.

The thing that is missing about turbulence in BOTH sims is the lack of randomness of turbulence and amplitube of them: you DO have it all or you DON'T it have at all.

I owned a plane, in which my wife and I regularly flew cross country flights. It was a common joke between us............that this was an FSX day. It all started when she once mentioned, that we almost seemed to be standing still. We were actually doing a ground speed of nearly 200 mph, and somewhere around 3000' agl. It was just pure calm. There were many calm flights, such as that, as well as varying degrees of turbulence, all the way to enough to bump your head. Point is, the flight is very smooth, and certainly doesn't require holding aileron against a persistent rolling force. Just a bit of slight stick movement (mine had a stick) to maintain heading & altitude.

L.Adamson

But from the looks of it that will change with the IXEG 737

Prototypically though it looks like it's going to be a 1 airline addon, at least initially! The overhead switches are reversed (Like Airbus'), which is a Lufthansa option only. According to Tom Kyler he hopes to have the standard layout soon after release, but there are some technical issues, and also stated that could depend on sales and how much demand for it.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Prototypically though it looks like it's going to be a 1 airline addon, at least initially! The overhead switches are reversed (Like Airbus'), which is a Lufthansa option only. According to Tom Kyler he hopes to have the standard layout soon after release, but there are some technical issues, and also stated that could depend on sales and how much demand for it.

Tue but it still looks like it's going to be the first study level simulation for x-plane.

To be honest I think IXEG made a questionable choice to do the classic instead of NG 737. As far as I know . The only operator in the US that flys the classic in that configuration is alaska.

BUT.. In my opinion it is highly likely that the PMDG plane that is being ported is going to be the 737NG,

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

BUT.. In my opinion it is highly likely that the PMDG plane that is being ported is going to be the 737NG,

I would bet against that! When PMDG first announced they were looking to develop for XP they stated they were hoping to develop a NGX level aircraft for XP, but if that couldn't be done they would probably choose a less complex model to start. The latest update, states, they had to change the aircraft model, they were planning on for another. So I think for the first release anyway, XP is probably going to get a model closer to the J41 then the NGX. IMHO. (Although I do hope I'm wrong!!)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

That's not quite correct Tom...or more likely I used too many qualifiers. I honestly do not anticipate an issue. It would behoove us to provide the more common layout so it is very high ..and I mean VERY HIGH on our list to include. History has taught me to not commit 100% because of fringe unforseen stuff, hence the qualifier.... but at this stage in the game, having done quite a bit of projects, I can say it's 99% certain we will have the normal overhead switch configuration.

To be honest I think IXEG made a questionable choice to do the classic instead of NG 737. As far as I know . The only operator in the US that flys the classic in that configuration is alaska.

I think this is a subjective issue in that aircraft are constantly retrofitted....with winglets, updated avionics and as Jan points out...they are always being updated and altered. So for myself, I have no problem with the configuration existing in any livery because it's quite possible in any livery to achieve this configuration. Folks have their favorite liveries and there is no reason that a particular configuration should keep them or us from doing a livery. One cool think about this whole flight simming thing is we can make it what we want to be for what we enjoy....and to that end, we plan on providing a easy to use paint kit...some base liveries and then let the community "go to town" making liveries to share. Now as time goes on though and we can invest a bit more back into our work, I think we'll look to providing more layout options as you can never have to many options in this business IMO.

As to why we chose the classic, it was a deference to the popular x737 project and also our not knowing how we'd fare or the x737 project would progress. It was nearly 3 years ago we started and tech has changed quite a bit and we've been a bit more successful in our technical goals than we thought. We do not have such deference concerns anymore though.

Tom K

IXEG

That's not quite correct Tom...or more likely I used too many qualifiers. I honestly do not anticipate an issue. It would behoove us to provide the more common layout so it is very high ..and I mean VERY HIGH on our list to include. History has taught me to not commit 100% because of fringe unforseen stuff, hence the qualifier.... but at this stage in the game, having done quite a bit of projects, I can say it's 99% certain we will have the normal overhead switch configuration.

That is good news in deed!!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Microsoft Flight Simulator X = Kids Game

X-Plane 10 = Real Simulator

And yes i was flying MFSX for long years, planes are more realistic (most buttons works) in XP10,scenary is slight better, procedures are more realistic, and you spend less money. No crashing at all (only if you put somthing wrong), only trafic is traffic is bether in MFSX.

Am hapy i swap my X-plane 10 for microsoft Flight Simulator X

PERIOD

Microsoft Flight Simulator X = Kids Game

X-Plane 10 = Real Simulator

And yes i was flying MFSX for long years, planes are more realistic (most buttons works) in XP10,scenary is slight better, procedures are more realistic, and you spend less money. No crashing at all (only if you put somthing wrong), only trafic is traffic is bether in MFSX.

Am hapy i swap my X-plane 10 for microsoft Flight Simulator X

PERIOD

Good job rising this old  thread back to life with such an ignorant post.  

The truth is both FSX and X Plane 10 are about equally bad if you don't spend money to improve them with addons. X Plane does certain things better than FSX and the other way around, still only high quality (mostly payware) addon aircraft allow you to really simulate things properly.

Last time I checked with X Plane I could still hear a loud tire screeching sound on touchdown with a Boeing 747 and that's totally unrealistic, so how is it a real simulator if FSX isn't?

• Upvote 1

I think its the other way around

Xplane + addons = kids game

FSX + addons =  Real simulator

Xplane has amazing visuals but lacking in good quality airports, AI ATC, AI traffic, weather, EFB etc.

• Upvote 1

I think its the other way around

Xplane + addons = kids game

Xplane has amazing visuals but lacking in good quality airports, AI ATC, AI traffic, weather, EFB etc.

+10% absolutely on the money!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

It's like comparing Call of Duty (Xplane) with ARMA III (FSX). COD is a simple but amazing looking FPS while ARMA is a realistic tactical shooter.

Xplane + addons = Real simulator

Xplane + no addons = Game

FSX + no addons =  Game

Fix'd that for you. Lately X Plane has gotten more and more rather complex aircraft simulations and scenery comparable to stuff released for FSX. 

You shoul really give X-Plane 10, with the Airbus NEO, LES Saab 340, FF 777 or 757, Felis An-24, etc... a try.

For GA, any Carenado will be good!

Use the NOAA plugin to inject winds, temp and turb aloft based on forecasts.

Today the 64 bit version of XSquawkbox was released, so, if your a VATSIM user, go ahead and try it...

Weather effects in X-Plane 10 are way ahead of any offer for FSX ( not the visuals, I agree, but SkyMAXX Extreme wil revert this situation...)

The new high res World Mesh is about to become available from Alpilotx!

LR team is working on very interesting updates probably already for 10.30, includin a fix for the diatance blurr, fine-tuning of the prop effects physics model, etc...

I'm, definitely an X-Plane 10 convert :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...