Sign in to follow this  
skiguru

Orbx YBBN airport ghosting

I would appreciate some help guys. Just purchased new machine.. installed, everything is ok.. except for the YBBN Orbx software. Its is sitting over the AU software but I am seeing a ghosting of the airport. By that I mean I can see the old runways, taxi lines, and some taxi-ways near of close by.. ie: it appears to have overlaid it but can still see bits and pieces of the original runways etc. I'm stumped. Would appreciate help. Thanks

Have you enabled Au area in FTXC? have you checked your scenery positions in scenery manager? YBBN should be above the Au region..Do you also have OzX installed? Or another version of YBBN? I think Ant or somebody did one that is a bit more FR friendly..Have you asked in ORBX support forum? They are helpful if ur a genuine customer (and you aren't persona non-grata :smile: )

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

What is FTXC? I don't have OzX installed (whatever that is).. I am trying to register with their forum but its not validating..Forums frustrate me it seems so bloody difficult to get a straight definitive answer

FTXC is FTX Central. It's ORBX' control centre; it's where you enable/disable sceneries from ORBX (you did RTFM, I take it? :smile: ) It is also where you can decide where the overall insertion point of any and all ORBX/OzX scenery sits in FSX' scenery.cfg file. It's worth getting to know it. You have to use it anyway, so learn up :smile:

OzX is a truly great freeware ozzie airport addon that adds a lot of outback of Burke strips to the ORBX Au region (i.e. it is totally compatible and written by peeps some of whom I think may now work for ORBX - well worth getting if Au is your kinda place (as it is mine) Amongst others, it adds Gympie, where I have flown in and out of a few times..loads of proper little outback strips (though Gympie isn't "outback" as such)..I digress...

As for forums, the ORBX payware one (where you will need to be asking this question) requires that you put your order number for YBBN (and Au/any FTX softs) in your sig. If you don't do this, you will not get any support. Period. Fair dinkum, I say (as would they :australia-flag: )

When you say validating, d'you mean you haven't got confirmation email yet? I have read a thread or two someplace that said that email has sometimes taken a short while to arrive - be patient :smile: If you can't wait, you can try fishing for some forum support in their public forums (anyone can post there afaik)

Hope this helps

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg