Sign in to follow this  
cnault2

Original 340 Original Engine Specs from First Carenado Model

Hi All,

If anyone has them, I'd like to get a copy of the aircraft.cfg "General Engine Data" and the "Piston Engine" sections from the original 1974 engine in the Carenado C340 that the RAM Conversion mod by Ritz55 corrected.

I can't find them from Cessna nor are they in any of the current installation files from Carenado. I guess Carenado incorporated them into the 340's aircraft.cfg as part of an update. Yesterday, I compared my C340 aircraft.cfg file to the same specs in a new installation of the C340. I hoped to obtain them that way instead of pestering anyone on AVSIM, but I had no luck. The specs in "new" and "old" data sections are identical.

I'd greatly appreciate a copy of the original 285 (?) HP engine specifications contained in the aircraft.cfg. Those two sections are all I need.

I'm working on an engine project to determine power differences needed vs. weight and this is the best example I can find if I can get the original data.

Thanks to Mr. Ritz55 for the modification - it really makes the 340 shine.

Cheers,

Mark Nault

If you were to copy your C340 folder and move it, then reinstall the Carenado C340 you should then get the baseline aircraft.cfg.

If you are looking for something else, let me know. I have a set of Service Manuals for real life C340s and all the engine specs are available.

Cheers,

captjon

Hi All,

If anyone has them, I'd like to get a copy of the aircraft.cfg "General Engine Data" and the "Piston Engine" sections from the original 1974 engine in the Carenado C340 that the RAM Conversion mod by Ritz55 corrected.

I can't find them from Cessna nor are they in any of the current installation files from Carenado. I guess Carenado incorporated them into the 340's aircraft.cfg as part of an update. Yesterday, I compared my C340 aircraft.cfg file to the same specs in a new installation of the C340. I hoped to obtain them that way instead of pestering anyone on AVSIM, but I had no luck. The specs in "new" and "old" data sections are identical.

I'd greatly appreciate a copy of the original 285 (?) HP engine specifications contained in the aircraft.cfg. Those two sections are all I need.

I'm working on an engine project to determine power differences needed vs. weight and this is the best example I can find if I can get the original data.

Thanks to Mr. Ritz55 for the modification - it really makes the 340 shine.

Cheers,

Mark Nault

Here you go Mark :-

[GeneralEngineData]
engine_type = 0
Engine.0 = -8.30, -6.92, 0.0
Engine.1 = -8.30,  6.92, 0.0
fuel_flow_scalar= 1.0
min_throttle_limit =  0.0;

[piston_engine]
power_scalar = 1.1
cylinder_displacement= 86.6