Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

BP=0 and VSync

Hi folks,

I decided to try FSX again after 6 months of going back and forth between FSX and FS9. I still enjoy both and after doing the BP=0 tweak, I'm enjoying FSX a lot more than I did before. I followed the steps that David Roch posted on this forum but I'm still a little confused about VSync.

He said to turn it off in nHancer or Inspector but didn't mention it can be turned on in the fsx cfg file by doing the ForceFullScreenVSync=1 tweak. Will the BP=0 tweak work if I enable VSync from the cfg?

This were my settings before BP=0

fsx.cfg= only Highmemfix applied.

AA, AF and VSync done in Inspector.

This is after BP=0

fsx.cfg= Highmemfix, BP=0

AA and AF set in-game.

I'm not really a fan of image tear but if that's what I have to put up with for the extra FPS I gained, then it's all good.

Definitely follow Word Not Allowed's guide: using AA and AF set in-game is a shame...

You can disable AA and AF in FSX and set them using the stock NVidia drivers and profile software as well... No need to make complex tweaks or install additional programs for those not inclined to.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

You can disable AA and AF in FSX and set them using the stock NVidia drivers and profile software as well... No need to make complex tweaks or install additional programs for those not inclined to.

Correct. But the FSAA modes that Inspector offer simply are better looking. ^_^ And since Inspector is free the choice is easy, for me anyway. I have to add I also use Inspector some other games that need some help get proper FSAA.

AF - on in fsx, controlled by application, fsx

AA - off in fsx, controlled at video control panel.

Not sure where you see opposite in Word Not Allowed's guide.

Agree with what's said above but note if your going to use DX10 mode which runs and looks way better than DX9 the setup is different, just a heads up. I gave up on FSX, but am using it again because of how DX10 and it's tweaks far exceed the DX9 "version". You'll have to read up in the DX10 forum to get the needed tweaks and cfg settings.

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately Word Not Allowed's guide doesn't work very well on my system. I tried it about a month ago. It seems, the more I tinker with the cfg settings, the more problems I create. The best results for me so far would be using the default cfg settings with highmemfix and bp=0 applied.

Another issue I get with Word Not Allowed's instructions for vsync is major stutters. My PC is one of those that doesn't like locked frames at all. When I lock my frames at 30fps, I get a lot of stutters, but on unlimited it's very smooth. Same result with GA or complex aircrafts. Also, with my favorite aircraft, PMDG MD-11, running locked frames on a payware airport gives me very poor fps (in the teens).

I also ran my cfg through the ******* tweaker. After the tweaks, it works great in less dense areas but stutters too much around cities. So I will probably have to stick with the default cfg settings which is giving me the best results so far.

Now I'm a little confused. David Roch wrote on his write up that AA, AF, and VSync must be off in Inspector, but Word Not Allowed and you guys say to enable them in Inspector.

I thought the whole idea of bp=0 is to free up as much energy on the GPU so it can handle the massive amount of fsx data coming from the CPU? I remember reading somewhere that you won't gain anything from the bp=0 tweak if you let Inspector handle AA, AF and VSync. Is this true? I may have to try and see but I'm worried it might damage my GPU. I stopped using ENB as well because I hear you can't use it with bp=0

Muskoka,

I'd love to go DX10 but it just creates too much problems. I love the look and colors in DX10 but the issues I ran into makes it a no go.

At night, a lot of buildings don't have lights, some buildings in Aerosoft's Approaching Innsbruck have no texture, flashing taxi way/runway, no progressive taxi. And the weirdest one happened to my PMDG MD-11 where the landing lights somehow is cast about 100ft ahead of the aircraft and about 50ft to the right. Going back to DX9 didn't fix this. Tried uninstalling and reinstall but the lights were still messed up. I had to uninstall fsx and all my add ons and reinstall. That's why I'm a little scared about trying DX10 again.

If there is a way to solve all those issues, I'd love to fly in DX10. But until then, I think I'll have to stick to DX9.

The only DX10 fix that I'm aware of is the payware one that makes DX9 only aircrafts work in DX10.

**edit** Oops, misread your post. I will check out the DX10 forum but I doubt I will try DX10 again until I find out what caused my PMDG MD-11 landing lights to shift position.

I remember reading somewhere that you won't gain anything from the bp=0 tweak if you let Inspector handle AA, AF and VSync. Is this true?

No. Not true. I use the BP=0 tweak (it's in fact the only performance tweak I use) and I use Inspector and it works fine.