Sign in to follow this  
AusrtianAirlines

OPUS in longhaul flights

Hello guys!

I`ve to say that Opusfsx (in my case OpusP3D) is an absolute amazing wheater engine!

For me it is even better than AS2012, which is kind of crazy, cause Opus is way younger than AS.

My only question is, if it`s possible to get an average enroute wind?

In AS2012 you can enter the routing and the cruising ALT and it`ll give you the average wind heading and speed.

Would be great if this feature could be included someday, it would be enough to have the ability to enter the dep&arr airport and the cruising level, so you get a average prediction!

Especially on longhaulers it`s important to have a overview so you can plan your fuel more accurate :)

But for the moment would it be possible to take the average winds from AS2012 ?

I mean to just enter the plan into AS2012 and use Opus for the actual "work" within P3D?

I think the high alt winds should be the same within both of the engines when using VATSIM as the wheater server..

Thanks in advance,

Sebastian

It is possible to load the plan in AS2012 and use the weather from there to put in your FMC. You can also access the weather at altitude from Opus too from the Add Ons menu inside FSX. This is assuming you have enabled GRIB downloads in your weather download options for Opus. I think it's Add Ons > Opus weather reports. This will open a window where you can click or use the number keys to access the various weather reports that Opus has.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024