Sign in to follow this  
A320FAN

AA New Livery

Hi everyone,

Apparently American will roll out a 737-800 from the Boeing facility in Renton tomorrow at 4:30am in new colours. Not sure what will happen after that, but eventually the new livery will be introduced in Dallas on Friday.

Oooh, can't wait to see it... Hopefully they get rid of the metallic look and go with something more modern.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Oooh, can't wait to see it... Hopefully they get rid of the metallic look and go with something more modern.

Regards,

Ró.

Are you kidding? Metallic is awesome and make AA stand out from the crowd! :D

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

No, if they took care of it like Aeromexico does, the AA metallic livery could look good, but most of their aircraft look like someone's taken a hammer to the side and belted them together. Aircraft need to be washed and buffed regularly if they're going to look good in a metallic livery. Hopefully this new one will look better.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Aircraft need to be washed and buffed regularly if they're going to look good in a metallic livery. Hopefully this new one will look better.

Since American has laid off most of the employees who did that work and is closing the facility here in Dallas, it's probably just as well that they're going with a painted fuselage.

NAX669.png

Since American has laid off most of the employees who did that work and is closing the facility here in Dallas, it's probably just as well that they're going with a painted fuselage.

Painted aircraft still need to be washed, we wash ours at least once every 21 days for our short-haul fleet, although that's way over the top, but still most aircraft need a wash every 3-4 months otherwise you'd end up the likes of this:

221502697_24fce10cfa.jpg

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Ronan,

I work for a rival airline of AA (at least for a while longer) here at DFW. We have contract workers scrub the undersides of our aircraft overnight. They only go as high as they can reach from the ground. I'm not sure what that's supposed to do, but the aircraft sure are clean on the bottom.

NAX669.png

That's the same for us, it's supposed to increase efficiency by reducing drag from the grime sticking to the side of the aircraft. Engine washing also helps extend engine life.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Are you kidding? Metallic is awesome and make AA stand out from the crowd! :D

That.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Well, it's certainly american, there's no confusing that... Have to say I like the tail.

I take it back, I don't like the tail in the slightest, looks good on the T7, but certainly not on that NG.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg