Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Whats a good plane/heli for bush/scenic flying?

Recently purchased the Carenado Tundra C185 just to fly UTX Alaska. That ride is a hoot: imagine the aircraft equivalent of a well weathered and used 30 year old chevy 4x4 pickup. Completely a blast to fly in its environment, excellent immersion!

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

I would say the Carenado 185 Bush or the A2A Piper J-3 Cub + Accu-Sim, best bush planes in the market!

Wow. I just checked out the links for the Drifter and Misty Moorings. This is some seriously cool stuff. Thanks for the links, guys. How come I've never heard of these before?

Captain420, you've started a great thread. :D

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Cloudswimmer, that pic you posted looks like a painting (masterpiece).

Beautiful shot.

jime

Hey thanks, I'm flattered. Cant get out much to do real photography these days so Im having fun with FSX 'photography'

Also I second the Carenado C185 with the Bernt Stolle FDE. A wonderful low and slow AC, and the float version is a blast especially in Tongas and Pacific Fiords.

Also dont overlook the Lionheart Piper Super Pacers package, the ones with the photoreal panels are also one of my favorites for low and slow over quality scenery, and are very nostalgic http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Piper_Pacer.html

147637742.jpg

• Upvote 1

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

I've never liked the default 206 as it flies and looks like garbage. If you'd like a better 206 with more model variants and liveries, you can check out our freeware 206.

http://www.eaglerotorcraftsimulations.com/fsx_bell206b.php

Not trying to advertize...just thought you might like it. :P

Brandon Filer

You're welcome, cloudswimmer. It looks like you have a great eye for these type of shots.

Keep up the good work.

jime

Banner_MJC5.png

James D. Edwards

Wow. I just checked out the links for the Drifter and Misty Moorings. This is some seriously cool stuff. Thanks for the links, guys. How come I've never heard of these before?

Captain420, you've started a great thread. :D

Hook

Hello Hook

Knowing how much you enjoy details and how dedicated you are to low and slow flying;

I´m sure You will enjoy their sceneries enormously.

AFAIK the Tongass Fjords scenery area is required for correct elevations, mesh, landclass, etc. It comes packed with enhanced land and sea airports. I got it from them in a Flight1 wrapper.

The initial install of RTMM is a bit lengthy, you must get all the files from:

The Object Libraries Needed for RTMM (I placed them in their own folders, not the default one.)

Then just follow the instructions for each scenery area from here:

Scenery AddOn Instructions and Legends

Lastly; they even give you detailed flight plans on each area.

@Brandon, thanks for the link. Got it a couple weeks ago.

Cheers, and happy flying.

Just tried the default trike and have to say that this is the most fun aircraft to use for sight seeing! I can really relax and not have to worry about fiddling with avionics and such and enjoy the beautiful world that surrounds me. With that said I will definitely take a look at ant's drifter. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I would also recommend looking at the RealAir Scout. Love flying it low and slow around the PNW and also doing pattern work with it. It's got a great FDE so it's easy to trim it for straight and level flight. It's also easy on the FPS.

Plus it comes with a bush and amphibious version as well.

I'm enjoying VFR's with Aeronca Champ, neat little plane. A bit faster than Piper Cub, and more cockpit instruments. :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I would also recommend looking at the RealAir Scout. Love flying it low and slow around the PNW and also doing pattern work with it. It's got a great FDE so it's easy to trim it for straight and level flight. It's also easy on the FPS.

Plus it comes with a bush and amphibious version as well.

Just got the scout and it has quickly become my favourite for scenic flights....

G

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I got into flying helis there for a while and went back to fixed wing.

Why? because I could enjoy looking at the scenery more so in the fixed wing than I could in the heli because I was constantly flying it, especially in hover. I found I couldn't really enjoy looking out much other for reference. In a plane you can set autopilot and throttle back and circle around something and look out the window.

I prefer a low wing, like the tomahawk because the wing drop when you circle around.

now, having said all of that, I do love the drifter U/L

or try this: https://secure.simmarket.com/franz-luftfahrt-paramotor-fsx-p3d.phtml

Ciao!

Holy Necropost Batman!  :P

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)