Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

FT CYUL maybe this weekend

Haha, what's a poutine?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Haha, what's a poutine?

The best thing since sliced bread :) and they know how to make it in Montreal. lol

Guest RockOla

It's basically fries toped with cheese and barbecue sauce. Not most distingued meal, but freaking good. And unavoidable if you visit the area. I hop the scenery will be at least as good !

It's basically fries toped with cheese and barbecue sauce. Not most distingued meal, but freaking good. And unavoidable if you visit the area. I hop the scenery will be at least as good !

BBQ sauce? I must say I have never tried it with that, but it does sound good. :)

I used to live in Belgium years ago and there was this little shop that sold frites (french fries) in little brown paper bags with a lemon mayonnaise dipping sauce. My mouth still waters when I think about it. Poutine is great, but I'm not sure how good it is for you lol

Another source had confirmed it will be released this weekend. I believe it was the airdailyx blog who confirmed it. Maybe later today :) Atterrissages heureux

CPU: i7-9700KF stable @ 5.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti @ stock | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz | PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus | COOLING: Deepcool Castle 240 AIO | PANEL: 27" @ 1080p

Usually a poutine is cheese (either mozzarella or curds) topped with gravy. Those of us in Canada are lucky to have restaurants that serve many other variations though, such as:

http://smokespoutinerie.com/Menu.aspx

If you've never had the opportunity to try this (and your heart is in good enough shape to take it :-) ) I highly recommend it, you can even make it at home yourself fairly easily.

But to get back on topic, I can't wait for my first flight from YUL tonight!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

That airport looks amazing but I'm afraid Fly Tampa products are on my "no buy" list until they get them working with DX10. In the meantime, I use FSDT and Flightbeam airports.

for the record, its not bbq sauce, it's just gravy. Can't wait to see the dynamic shadows and water poddles though...

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

Usually a poutine is cheese (either mozzarella or curds) topped with gravy. Those of us in Canada are lucky to have restaurants that serve many other variations though, such as:

http://smokespoutinerie.com/Menu.aspx

If you've never had the opportunity to try this (and your heart is in good enough shape to take it :-) ) I highly recommend it, you can even make it at home yourself fairly easily.

But to get back on topic, I can't wait for my first flight from YUL tonight!

Its delicious, and had many growing up there at the time, but its got 'heart attack waiting to happen' written all over it. :unsure:

That airport looks amazing but I'm afraid Fly Tampa products are on my "no buy" list until they get them working with DX10. In the meantime, I use FSDT and Flightbeam airports.

I agree. Although Im still tempted to see how it would react with DX10. Funny that FT said they wouldnt do DX10 because there is problems, but clearly they can be worked out. Just look at the latest FSDT work including the latest CYVR. Its gorgeous in DX10. It can be done!

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

If I'm reading correctly in the DX10 forum there may be another fix coming, might help with the night lighting. There may be hope yet, do have a few FT airports that I would like to use in DX10. Montreal and Toronto would be welcome additions.

Edit: Yes, poutine with a ton of gravy, can't be beat. Lived south of Montreal for a year, don't think my system could have handled more than a year of poutine consumption.

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Funny, I read this sitting in CYUL in transit to Kyoto...

Definitively a must to purchase. With Vancouver and the excellent freeware for Quebec city, the area will be becoming more and more interesting.

Poutine for diner...? well why not. But there is actually a kind of debate where the Poutine orignated, lots of small town around montreal claim to be the originator of the famous meal... My vote is casted for Victoriaville as the true origin about 25 years ago..

Pierre

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...