Sign in to follow this  
BimmerCop

TP and P3D?

Also interested in knowing this. I tried to Google, but I only found some french site with a few screenshots, so I assume it's possible..

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

No answers yet?  I was interested too...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Is that THE Efrain Ruiz? :D

How are ya man!? Long time no see!

To answer your question... all signs point to YES!

The trick is you need to rename the exe to FSX.exe I think. I'm going to be trying this very soon and I'll let you know.

An added benefit is I heard you can keep the framerates set to unlimited in P3D and the tiles load like they did in FS9.

Chris Hannigan

Is that THE Efrain Ruiz? :D

How are ya man!? Long time no see!

To answer your question... all signs point to YES!

The trick is you need to rename the exe to FSX.exe I think. I'm going to be trying this very soon and I'll let you know.

An added benefit is I heard you can keep the framerates set to unlimited in P3D and the tiles load like they did in FS9.

Chris Hannigan

Estoy interesado como instalar el Tileproxy en el P3D

ESTOY interesado como instalar el Tileproxy en el p3d

You can never use Pd3 with tileproxy. The tileproxy.sys file is made for only FSX. You cannot cheat it - I have tried in many ways.

Hansi

You can never use Pd3 with tileproxy. The tileproxy.sys file is made for only FSX. You cannot cheat it - I have tried in many ways.

Hansi

Not true. Tileproxy works seamlessly using the Estonia Migration tool. Just run P3D in legacy mode and you're all set!

Hi thanks - but cannot get it to Work. - I will start to tell that it Works splendid in my FSX.

Se my steps below:

Install with migration Tool to P3d.

Runs Windows 7 in testmode after activating tileproxy.sys

runs p3d as administrator

Can see  tileproxy when opening add-ons in p3d menu

I use example 1 with the newest maps

But I do not see tileproxy loaded with the nice coastlines and sandy beaches. - Only see the usual ugly coastlines.

Whar exactly do you mean with LEGACY MODE ???

looking forward to your answer

best regards

hansbonde@privat.dk

Hi thanks - but cannot get it to Work. - I will start to tell that it Works splendid in my FSX.

Se my steps below:

Install with migration Tool to P3d.

Runs Windows 7 in testmode after activating tileproxy.sys

runs p3d as administrator

Can see  tileproxy when opening add-ons in p3d menu

I use example 1 with the newest maps

But I do not see tileproxy loaded with the nice coastlines and sandy beaches. - Only see the usual ugly coastlines.

Whar exactly do you mean with LEGACY MODE ???

looking forward to your answer

best regards

hansbonde@privat.dk

Using the migration tool, click Enable virtual FSX. Then install tileproxy, and run P3D using the Legacy mode option created by the migration tool. It should be in the same start menu location.

Hi Again   I have tried your solution. Still does not Work. Maybe it`s a stupid question - but are you quite sure you are running tileproxy in your prepar3d ??

I`m runnig P3d versio 2 ---which version are you running. In my enabled migration Tool the current selected simulator is prepar3d v2 and I use the below "Explore Prepar 3D folder to run p3d as I think it`s this way you call legacy mode ????? I cannot see the Word legacy in the migration Tool.

regards

Hans Bonde

The P3D v2 compatibility list shows TP as working, with a PierreF confirming it.

A quick search on Google only shows his posts on a French forum but running it through Google translate makes it fairly readable. He's also a member here on Avsim, I believe, in case anyone wants to PM him.

One of the previous posts said that making a copy of P3D.exe and renaming it to FSX.exe works and PierreF's post suggests the same thing.

I found his post and ran it through GTranslate. It's pretty detailed so if someone wants to do a TL;DR that would be awesome. I'm on my phone so it's kinda difficult for me. :)

How to use tileproxy with P3D 2.00? (I drooled to get there) First, download the program here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tileproxy/ Prepar3D is not recognized by the program, so you have to tweak it. At the root the folder where you installed P3D2, is the "prepar3d.exe" file. Copy it and put it on the desktop. (I wrote "copy", not "cut".) Once on the desktop, rename the "fsx.exe" and bring it into the folder of P3D. result you end up with a "prepar3d.exe" and "fsx.exe". This is exactly the same file, but with two different names. This is "fsx.exe" that will be used to fly with Tileproxy. then another step is not mandatory, but I would recommend. We must create a "fsx.cfg" with exactly the same parameters as "prepar3d.cfg", this will avoid having to redo all your settings. why go to the place where "prepar3d.cfg" is ie: C :/ Users / "your name" / Appdata/Roaming/Lockheed/Prepar3D200 Create a "fsx.cfg" and paste in the contents of any "prepar3d.cfg." If you run "prepar3d.exe "This is the" prepar3d.cfg "to be sought. If you run "fsx.exe" is the "fsx.cfg" to be sought. Tileproxy Install. At one point in the beginning, it will shoot one of six lines checked. it is: -Modify. Simulator config Ca Tileproxy to avoid going to cum in your bazaar "fsx.cfg" (one who is in P3D, you follow LOL!) The ideal is to have two SSDs for speed very quick search of stored textures. Whatever happens, lorque the installer will ask you to install what disks storing textures, do not choose the one where the reason is that the disk will be slowed if in addition it must treat data P3D P3D. ( .) For the moment I put the two cases presented during the installation on the single SSD I have. Once the installation is complete, you will have a "tileproxy" folder at the root of P3D2. In this folder is a "proxyuser.ini" file to set completely. Do not bother, premenez mine as is. It will just change the drive letter of the hard disk shown in the section on Virtual Earth: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qfc8eyqy4vg5g6/ProxyUser.ini Moreover to make sure you see where the only change to (I typed the rest of pramétrage), here is the paragraph: [Virtual (Compatible; MSIE 7.0, Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1;. NET CLR 2.0.50727;. NET CLR 3.0.04506;. NET CLR is to change the letter of the hard disk shown in the second line. Now you must change the "scenery.cfg" located here: c :/ ProgramData / Lockheed Martin/Prepar3d200/scenery.cfg This raises two problems: -either you still have FSX on your PC and it is his "scenery.cfg" which has been modified (without impact on the simulation, do not worry ....) , or you do not have FSX so no " . scenery.cfg "has been changed is not going to waste time, I already typed hundreds of lines by hand Here is what adds the scenery.cfg. https://www.dropbox. com/s/s4ri7haxxpe56 ... eproxy.cfg careful, read the following lines: The contents of this "cfg" sticks to the end of "scenery.cfg" of P3D2, paying attention to an important detail of your number. last scene (AREA) must be less than the first AREA file that I gave you. If it is higher, it means that you will insoluble duplicates. My file begins with the number 139, therefore, the last of your "scenery.cfg" must not exceed 138. Otherwise, you must type the correct hand. Ultimately, rather than retype everything AREA hand, it is better withdraw quetre or five scenes in the library decorations to below 138 (? follow you), even after the re-declare. Second amendment to, watch a scene tileproxy example: [Area.141] Title = WORLD_0000 Local = N: \ \ TileProxy Photoreal World \ 0000 Layer = 0 Active = TRUE Required = FALSE You see the third line shows a path with a drive letter that is not the same for you. (as indicated in the installation Tileproxy.) must therefore change, and there are hundreds. Not Panic solution is in the menu "cfg" file at the top left:! -Edition -replace a window appears in the box "search" type "N. : \ replace "type" X "in the box.": \ "(where X is the letter of the selected disk during the installation) Click." replace all "and you're done! (it is very important to the. "\" because otherwise you might replacements wrong) . Tileproxy To start P3D2 In the folder is a subfolder "Tileproxy" containing "proxyuser.bat" file it is he who must be launched. first. then run "FSX.exe" (one who is in P3D2, of course! lol!) If you have no error, you end up with the whole world (almost) in photorealism. Chez moi, I performance it was impossible to do with the / torque Tileproxy FSX. Took a slap when I saw the display speed of ground textures. Bons flights. Foly-vi

Hi Again   I have tried your solution. Still does not Work. Maybe it`s a stupid question - but are you quite sure you are running tileproxy in your prepar3d ??

I`m runnig P3d versio 2 ---which version are you running. In my enabled migration Tool the current selected simulator is prepar3d v2 and I use the below "Explore Prepar 3D folder to run p3d as I think it`s this way you call legacy mode ????? I cannot see the Word legacy in the migration Tool.

regards

Hans Bonde

After you use the Migration Tool, it creates a new shortcut in the start menu called Prepar3D (Legacy Mode). I suspect you may not be enabling virtual FSX correctly so check the documentation of the Migration Tool. 

I performance it was impossible to do with the / torque Tileproxy FSX. Took a slap when I saw the display speed of ground textures.

This quote really intrigues me... translation aside... does this mean that the ground textures load faster in P3Dv2 than FSX or vice versa? I purchased P3Dv1 solely with the assumption that it would churn out those ground tiles faster than FSX did, but sadly found out it was slower. I would still be using FS9 if it weren't for the black tile issue. Being able to flip the FPS to unlimited and get clear textures is incredible it seems. It's always a balancing act using FSX and P3D with the internal frame rate limiter. The entire simulator gets pretty choppy fairly quickly.