Sign in to follow this  
JonRD463

X-Plane's superior cloud rendering

Wow!!! I'm telling you, wait till 3PD jump all over XP!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Wide Taxiway Markings Library Replacement 2.0 http://forums.x-pilo...ry-replacement/ monthly_02_2013_b7c6ee966ee9d94f8f5a86c55c99dcf3-taxiway-markings_zpsb780245a.jpg

You have got to be kidding...do you really think this is a good simulation of tarmac??? this is so crap im not even going to bother showing you what it looks like in fsx and prepar3d...go have a look at the images earlier in this thread and see for yourself! Merely placing yellow line markings all over the place does absolutely nothing...its the tarmac suface texture itself that is the problem... Havent you ever wondered why it is that a lot of x-plane images claim it has superior quality graphics by using night shots....even those are not as good as fsx and prepar3d!

Having said that, there are some aspects of x-plane that i really do like...i think its far more suited to the enthusiast modeller...i love that planemaker can work out flight characteristics for the model rather than the designer having to resort to google to find all of the relevant flight characteristics information and manually imput them all in...what a great idea that is. I do however feel that in its default install state, x-plane flight characteristics leaves an awful lot to be desired when compared with prepar3d and particularly fsx. To be honest, it is simply awful by comparison. Again, a real shame...i see great potential in xplane however, it would appear that it is being stifled by its developer! If anything needed fresh blood, this is it.

BTW Bimmer...you assume incorrectly about me being new to all of this. I assure you, that is most certainly not the case! I just don't use x-plane forums because it seems as if its members living up in the clouds all the time! As long as they do that, their beloved software will never get better than prepar3d! A real shame to be honest.

Anyway, enough grumbling from me, i purchased Xplane 10 and i want to learn more about the program...i see its importance in my siming experience and am keen as to get my install running better than it is right now!

Actually that brings me to a question...so ill start a new thread that is appropriate to my question as it is inappropriate for me to send this one on unrelated tangents.

You have got to be kidding...do you really think this is a good simulation of tarmac??? this is so crap im not even going to bother showing you what it looks like in fsx and prepar3d...go have a look at the images earlier in this thread and see for yourself! Merely placing yellow line markings all over the place does absolutely nothing...its the tarmac suface texture itself that is the problem... Havent you ever wondered why it is that a lot of x-plane images claim it has superior quality graphics by using night shots....even those are not as good as fsx and prepar3d!

Having said that, there are some aspects of x-plane that i really do like...i think its far more suited to the enthusiast modeller...i love that planemaker can work out flight characteristics for the model rather than the designer having to resort to google to find all of the relevant flight characteristics information and manually imput them all in...what a great idea that is. I do however feel that in its default install state, x-plane flight characteristics leaves an awful lot to be desired when compared with prepar3d and particularly fsx. To be honest, it is simply awful by comparison. Again, a real shame...i see great potential in xplane however, it would appear that it is being stifled by its developer! If anything needed fresh blood, this is it.

BTW Bimmer...you assume incorrectly about me being new to all of this. I assure you, that is most certainly not the case! I just don't use x-plane forums because it seems as if its members living up in the clouds all the time! As long as they do that, their beloved software will never get better than prepar3d! A real shame to be honest.

Anyway, enough grumbling from me, i purchased Xplane 10 and i want to learn more about the program...i see its importance in my siming experience and am keen as to get my install running better than it is right now!

Actually that brings me to a question...so ill start a new thread that is appropriate to my question as it is inappropriate for me to send this one on unrelated tangents.

what's your problem with Xplane10? :lol: Did Austin break your mom's heart or something years ago? I use all 4 Sims(fs9,fsx,p3d,xp10) and enjoy them all. On my pc these freeware addons look awesome, I guess it's time to upgrade your CPU and Video Card to take advanrtage of the higher res settings and maybe add a little HDR :drinks:

what's your problem with Xplane10? Did Austin break your mom's heart or something years ago?

You are writing over the top and inappropriately. Please tone this down as we have had complaints. This time it is only an unofficial warning, but I strongly suggest you do not repeat or escalate this kind of retort.

Kind regards,

You have got to be kidding...do you really think this is a good simulation of tarmac??? this is so crap im not even going to bother showing you what it looks like in fsx and prepar3d...

lol. If you actually flew into the worlds "tarmacs" you would know that every single one likes like crap. Yellow lines that lead you into oblivion, butched surfacing that will knock your teeth out, faded paint lines from years of fleet types changes requiring different spacing, and best of all....totally nonstandard and unpredictable markings.

That above picture looks spot on to me, but then again, I dont just play pilot so what do we know...

Guys, let's keep things civil please. Whist I agree that the original poster won't win over many friends with his attitude, dishing it right back only serves to poison the atmosphere and ruin the forum for people like me who rarely post here because the quality of the info found here is top class, and as such I can add little to what's already been said.

At the end of the day, let's keep things polite and act like adults, not arguing siblings in the back seat of the car. :)

Best wishes,

Jess B

Original poster? I think I've been pretty civil. Maybe a little cheerleady on the X-Plane front, but I don't think I'm going out of my way to make enemies.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.