Sign in to follow this  
Jean-Paul

ORBX FTX EU England SP1 released

@Geoff

Did you ever make a constructive post about your finding with screen shots etc and how it should be?

Yes, several both illustrated and written! .....but as you've failed to find it even though I posted a link a few posts earlier in this thread?

Because I made some and the most important one for me was the approach to EMA, there where house's (Kegworth) all the way upto the M1. SP1 Orbx fixed it.
I'm pleased they've done that but as you are not aware of issues I've identified, I was not aware of that one.

Also we English want our area to be photo real and that's not what Orbx do.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: speechless.

If you find fault post about it, I did and now it's fixed.
...well several other people have posted a whole list of issues that aren't fixed. BTW one of the most articulate gained a 1 year ban from the FTX web site for doing so according to his posts here. I happen to think he identified a very possible widespread problem. What he reports certainly applies to areas I know. Some of the issues I identified are merely "object placement" or rather moving that placement to a correct location.

When you fly PNW or NZ you have no idea what should be there and what is missing, we are all going to see the faults in ENG. Would you know if a ferrie is wrong in a NZ harbour?
The ferries at Dover are as big as many cruise liners. Not many people in the South of England will not have seen them and most will at some time or another have travelled on them. Dover is one of THE most significant ports in the country. As for other areas? In years of simming (Rail and Flight) I've used all manner of reference material to see "what's there" at various locations. With Bing Maps Google Earth and Streetview the research is hardly taxing? Apart from that some of us have actually travelled you know :huh:

The English team seen open to fixing what they can so show them and show them also what you want it to look like.

You guys know me well enough that if I did not like it I would say, but I think ENG looks amazing and "feels" like England. I love it so much I only fly Orbx ENG and use UK2000 airports. I'am a very happy chap.

Firstly your happiness is summed up in your signature? If you fly tubeliners FTX ENG looks reasonable? At 2000' VFR it's less so. If you think flying is about programming an FMC you don't need visual reference points. Low and Slow that's how you navigate. England isn't full of spectacular geographic features so in the RW we navigate by reference to landmarks.

In fairness to FTX ENG team ORBX has commented that "some things will have to wait for SP2". That's fine.

My question in my first post in this thread was "What's fixed? ...and still needs some attention?" Not an attack on the publisher, team or anyone else? A simple question that didn't strike me as unreasonable?

Geoff Brown

NyxxUK;

I consider that your comments are a little unfair, and perhaps that you should retract them.

I've followed ORBX/FTX for some time now, and have always been in support of their products, even though they once accused me of software piracy and banned me from their forums. I was once cautioned because I questioned the rolling out of their scenery products for Australia. I was greatly dissapointed that after doing a highly detailed Jandakot, that they did not do Perth airport (YPPH). Had they done so, I would have been able to practice my real world VFR flying, which I cannot afford to do any more now I have kids.

Come forward to now, and I do a lot of my flying in the UK; because I was born there, and also because of the superb UK2000 scenery that enhances my local airport (Southend). I was fully behind FTX England, and perhaps one of the first to buy it. Basically for me, it caused spiking and other anomalies (I know what I'm doing with computers). In the end, because there was no uninstall routine, I had to reinstall FSX and all of my add ons, which took me two nights to do.

At the moment, I have downloaded SP1, but I am loathe to install it because I could not locate a readme file listing the changes. I don't want to get myself in the same situation again. I will continue to read others comments, here and on the FTX site until I find a notification of this. Or I will wait until SP2, time is not an issue for me. The fact of the matter is there ARE errors, and no consumer wants to buy any product with errors, lets face it, no matter what the cost.

Are you a part of the FTX/ORBX team at all? You seem easily offended here by what is only comments and suggestions.

As a Systems Administrator and network engineer, I recieve complaints every minute of the day. But I look at each of these to find how much substance is in them. And whilst I like and admire what JV has done, these comments about FTX England being 'done by a new team' does not wash. At the very least, there should be a Q.A team in place that is of the same level of experience as the team(s) that conducted Q.A on previous releases.

I will also continue to purchase FTX releases, but I will no longer be one of the first to do it.

Cheers.

Are you a part of the FTX/ORBX team at all? You seem easily offended here by what is only comments and suggestions.

I lol so much I just spat my cup of tea out of my mouth. Before you jump to wild conclusions just read this link all the way though and then read your quote again. http://forum.avsim.n...-“banned”-orbx/

I consider that your comments are a little unfair, and perhaps that you should retract them.

Tell me your joking?

As you can see from the post above I speak my mind and always will if you don't like it fine, we all can and do have our own opinions. I wont comment any more.

@Geoff

The link you posted that I "failed" to see , you are joking Geoff? that's to this forum I thought it would be common since to post at Orbx and Orbx forums are the ones I was talking about. I have no idea if you did post there, that's why I asked.

As for me flying the NGX, yes your right I do fly the NGX the most but I also fly GA around England a lot. So your "summed up" is like Andrew, just jumping to conclusions, I could just as easy have the RealAir Lancair in my sig.

It's been clear from the start or it's come across from the start that you really do not like Orbx ENG and I don't think you will ever like it. It will never be to your standard from the way you talk.

That's fine it's clear you don't like it and you point out the reasons why, I have no problem with that. But..

Personally I love it, it feels like England, I cannot find my house as it's not photo real or a ship at my local port is not there. But I don't care because to me its the best version of England I have ever seen. I love it and hope it gets better and better. The seasons are so well done, snow ATM is perfect. So to balance all you negativeness I point out the good side's.

Why not take the time and post over there all the things you would like fixing, show SS etc and as I found out by doing just that, they fixed my local approach to my local airport.

The best we can do Geoff on Orbx ENG is agree to disagree.

As you should know I speak my mind, good or bad, like it or not, I'am not a Orbx happy clapper as you should know but it does not stop me praising something if I like it. To me it's dead easy to find fault and point fingers but as my Dad told me countless years ago it talks a bigger man to say sorry. In this case to see all the countless plus's Orbx ENG brings. So I will always praise where I think praise should be given, not just bash.

If anyone does not like that...tuff.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Removed... read a post incorrectly.

Have a nice day :)

\Robert Hamlich/

NyxxUK;

Thanks for the update etc, but once again, I do not see that I am disagreeing with your opinion.

If the software worked perfectly for you, I'm happy for you. We all have computers of different configs. My point is very simple; I've not seen any comments yet to verify that my issues will be resolved with the current service pack, and that makes me nervous. Having a wife and kids, I get very little time to sim, and I simply do not want to take the risk of losing my FSX again.

These forums are a place to speak freely; and they are good because we get a lot of positive feedback here. And like you, I will always give mine, straightforward and unbiased, in black and white.

Cheers.

The link you posted that I "failed" to see , you are joking Geoff? that's to this forum I thought it would be common since to post at Orbx and Orbx forums are the ones I was talking about. I have no idea if you did post there, that's why I asked.

David you know full well why this forum section exists and to pretend otherwise is mischievious at best :P If you were a publisher and had a limited market would you not seek to gain feedback from your customer base from ALL sources? I am far from being alone in being critical of FTX ENG so you'd expect any reasonable organisation to be looking at reviews and feedback. Whilst they have a policy of banning people from their forums for posting anything they don't like they can hardly be surprised if folk don't post there. I refer you again to my previous post?

As for me flying the NGX, yes your right I do fly the NGX the most but I also fly GA around England a lot.

It's been clear from the start or it's come across from the start that you really do not like Orbx ENG and I don't think you will ever like it. It will never be to your standard from the way you talk.

Well you can assume what you will but IMHO the quality of ENG is nowhere near as good as PNW in many specifics. That's not to say I believe it cannot be improved! Indeed were it improved to that standard I'd be more than happy with it. If you're happy with it now you'd be even more so if the attention to detail I feel it currently lacks were given to it.

Personally I love it, it feels like England, I cannot find my house as it's not photo real or a ship at my local port is not there. But I don't care because to me its the best version of England I have ever seen. I love it and hope it gets better and better. The seasons are so well done, snow ATM is perfect. So to balance all you negativeness I point out the good side's.
Ever since the first negative comments were made about ENG people have been making comparisons with photscenery. This is the Unofficial ORBX forum. 99.5% of folk who post here know what ORBX's product is. Many of us own most of it. Surely you understand that the criticism or questions are posted on that basis.

This thread is about a service patch. It's not about point scoring, or any other salutation. My post, as others have pointed out, is to ask what's fixed and what still needs attention. More detailed info included with the download would have been useful in that respect but in it's absence.... Further more quite a few people had specific problems that not every user experienced. Unless these can be discussed freely without every issue being treated as a flame by those who don't share the problem they'll never get fixed.

Why not take the time and post over there all the things you would like fixing, show SS etc and as I found out by doing just that, they fixed my local approach to my local airport.
Because I don't want to be banned from their forum. Simple as that. Until they sort out their PR/customer relations I visit their forum for information only. Let me throw the question back. Why don't they post on here more often? Why are dialogues so few and far between?

The best we can do Geoff on Orbx ENG is agree to disagree.
An odd stance to take with someone seeking improvement in something you already like :lol:

As you should know I speak my mind, good or bad, like it or not, I'am not a Orbx happy clapper as you should know but it does not stop me praising something if I like it. To me it's dead easy to find fault and point fingers but as my Dad told me countless years ago it talks a bigger man to say sorry. So I will always praise where I think praise should be given, not just bash.

If anyone does not like that...tuff.

I'm all for freedom of speech and if we all thought the same it would be a dull place. Apparently not everyone shares my opinion though? :rolleyes:

Geoff Brown

Andrew,

Thanks for the update etc, but once again, I do not see that I am disagreeing with your opinion.

Disagreeing, no, but thinking I was from Orbx and asking me to retract my comments was not on.

Moving on.

Basically for me, it caused spiking and other anomalies (I know what I'm doing with computers). In the end, because there was no uninstall routine, I had to reinstall FSX and all of my add ons, which took me two nights to do.

To un-install Orbx all you have to do is set central to default, delete the Orbx folder within fsx, then goto FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery and delete any ORBX/NRM/PFJ/PNW titled files. uninstall routine no, but not hard.

That's very easy for in your words someone who knows what there doing with computers and if orbx was your problem removing it would put your fsx right.

Orbx even have a post how do.

http://www.orbxsyste...-a-quick-guide/

GL with sorting out your PC/FSX.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Geoff.. Geoff..... Geoff.........

You love Quoting me :lol:

Geoff I am not going to go on but you just said and it's the only one I will quote you on

Because I don't want to be banned from their forum. Simple as that.

Geoff, I was Banned and as I think you know I did not hold back on my feeling did I.

I posted about things not being right about ENG and they sorted it, I was not banned again was I, I don't need to tell someone at your age (21)that sometimes it's not what you say its how you say it. I know you will know what I meen :wink:

As for your criticism I know without looking they are faults I will simple trust you on that but post about them and not here. I want everyone to post faults as that's the only way to get it perfect.

Here is just one of my post about faults.

http://www.orbxsyste...-criticism-eng/

If I did not get banned again Geoff why would you? If anyone was going to get banned again it would be me as I would have thought they would watch my post's.

They invited me back out of the blue and that to me was that. If someone wants to shake my hand then what even happened before is in the past, end of.

O sod it I just have to do this one.

David you know full well why this forum section exists and to pretend otherwise is mischievious at best :P

I loved that so much......

We should have a beer some time :biggrin: I think I would really enjoy our chit chat.

Take care mate. (Hope you did not mind me calling you mate)

Roll on SP2

Andrew, methinks you worry too much. The patch has addressed some issues and, to my mind, not addressed others. But there is nothing to be skeert of. I've no doubt there will be other patches in the future which WILL address more stuff. In the meantime...update it! Only one thing to be absolutely sure of and that is that FTX Central is switched to Europe.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

NyxxUK;

I've followed ORBX/FTX for some time now, and have always been in support of their products, even though they once accused me of software piracy and banned me from their forums. I was once cautioned because I questioned the rolling out of their scenery products for Australia. I was greatly dissapointed that after doing a highly detailed Jandakot, that they did not do Perth airport (YPPH). Had they done so, I would have been able to practice my real world VFR flying, which I cannot afford to do any more now I have kids.

Come forward to now, and I do a lot of my flying in the UK; because I was born there, and also because of the superb UK2000 scenery that enhances my local airport (Southend). I was fully behind FTX England, and perhaps one of the first to buy it. Basically for me, it caused spiking and other anomalies (I know what I'm doing with computers). In the end, because there was no uninstall routine, I had to reinstall FSX and all of my add ons, which took me two nights to do.

At the moment, I have downloaded SP1, but I am loathe to install it because I could not locate a readme file listing the changes. I don't want to get myself in the same situation again. I will continue to read others comments, here and on the FTX site until I find a notification of this. Or I will wait until SP2, time is not an issue for me. The fact of the matter is there ARE errors, and no consumer wants to buy any product with errors, lets face it, no matter what the cost.

As a Systems Administrator and network engineer, I recieve complaints every minute of the day. But I look at each of these to find how much substance is in them. And whilst I like and admire what JV has done, these comments about FTX England being 'done by a new team' does not wash. At the very least, there should be a Q.A team in place that is of the same level of experience as the team(s) that conducted Q.A on previous releases.

I will also continue to purchase FTX releases, but I will no longer be one of the first to do it.

Cheers.

Andrew, why don't you buy a back up drive ? I bought a seagate external hard drive which I can create an image which I revert to if I ever get a problem. Saves countless hours having to re-load everything. I have forgotten the number of times I have had to use it. Cost me around £70, its as important to me as anything to do with FSX.