Sign in to follow this  
NeilC

Problem with Voice commander and FS9 (CTDs)

Hi guys,

I have been running the Maddog with voice commander since it was released and absolutely love it.

A couple of days ago I thought I would try a new plane. I would have loved the MD11, but as it didn't have voice, I purchased the PMDG 747 for FS9.

After installing it and then installing FS2Crew, I have run into all sorts of problems. I have been trouble shooting for many an hour, and even had to freshly re-install FS9 from Scratch to find the problem.

It seems to be linked to FS2Crew. If I just install the PMDG 747, all is fine, but as soon as I install the FS2Crew pack, I keep getting CTDs. The one easiest to recreate is if you start a flight and then switch to the 747. It all works fine, but as soon as you try to switch back to another aircraft, it crashes the sim.

I have re-installed everything twice more, and it is all very stable, until I install the FS2Crew for the 747. At this point things go wrong!

I am running FS9 and XP.

Thanks for any help,

Neil

beta.gif

I can't dump XP, I have tried Vista and 7 and find them atrocious ;)

I'll take a note of the error report and post it.

Thanks for the help

beta.gif

Hi Bryan,

Here are the 1 screen shots:

I hope this helps, I will remove FS2Crew again and so some more trouble shooting (first I want to reinstall all my FS bits and back it up so that if it all crashes again, I have a version which works to fall back on - this might take a couple of days!)

Thanks for you help,

I am really looking forward to flying this bird!

Neil

beta.gif

Thanks for the reply. I spent 8 hours yesterday googling and fiddling.

I updated my NVidia drivers (although my FS9 has been extremely stable for over 4 years now), and updated FSUIPC to the latest version.

I wiped and reinstalled again, and now have even more strange behaviour.

If I install either or both 747/MD80 I have no problems.

As soon as install either FS2Crew it goes wrong. Strange.

I did find a post about C++ causing problems, and remember this installing as part of the PMDG install. I have however checked, and I have the latest version.

After years of problem free summing, I am now completely stumped.

beta.gif

Thanks for trying to help,

I completely uninstalled everything again,

Re-installed a vanilla FS2004 (9.1 updated), and then only installed the Maddog and the 747. Everything worked fine, swapping aircraft was no problem, not CTDs at all.

I then installed FS2Crew, and the problem came back.

Strange.

I just can't figure it

beta.gif

Thanks Bryan,

I did try the Default Cessna, and I only ever fly in 2D.

I remembered last night that I swapped my C drive last year because it started ticking, but I kept the old one, so should have a fully working version of XP and FS9.

I'll try and plug that in, make a new clone of it, and try installing the 747 and FS2Crew again.

Thanks again for your help

Neil

beta.gif